Yadi or not is the question

eraser

Inactive User
Reaction score
New to this guys so a little background first.

Dbox2 from germany with Yadi and neutrino. FTP worked and I uploaded the services file. I can now see the free channels.

Now the questions:

Is it right that theres no RF output from the box and it must be connected via scart or is it a setting I've got wrong?

In order to see the encrypted channels I believe I need to install the keys ( if I ever find them). Will they definitely autoupdate in a Dbox2 ? Some people say yes, some no. Or do I need the "autoupdate" file that I've seen mentioned, whatever that is?

Alternatively will a Tit card work in this box to enable autoupdate?

I've tried looking through the tuts I could find but I'm still not clear. Some say I need to reflash the box with boxcracker or nextgen image since "dont have softcam at present". Is it neccessary to flash and what is softcam?

flash the box with either boxcraker or nextgeneration image as yadi dont work properly over here.
yes you need use scart as rf out dont work.

tit card wont work

yes you need the autoupdate file

faz

Thanks for the prompt response. Looks like a flash is in order.

My dbox2 is an intel 2x but is bmon 1.0 - Can I just flash it using dbox manager or image flash assistant. I saw a post that said dmon1 is different but since I have no idea what it means i'm unsure if its safe to follow a standard tut for flashing.

Anyone tell me where to get a working boxcracker image please. Tried quite a few links and they're all dead.

eraser said:
Thanks for the prompt response. Looks like a flash is in order.

My dbox2 is an intel 2x but is bmon 1.0 - Can I just flash it using dbox manager or image flash assistant. I saw a post that said dmon1 is different but since I have no idea what it means i'm unsure if its safe to follow a standard tut for flashing.

Anyone tell me where to get a working boxcracker image please. Tried quite a few links and they're all dead.
You on msn?

Sorry for the delay in replying - had to visit the pub to help reduce its beer stock.

Unfortunately not on msn

IANBBB - Just saw your post to jimmyq about using ftp to upload the image.

Had a nextgen image so I gave it a try. Spot on - worked first time and had all the right bits included, just had to add the services file for my region.

Thank you - you are the man!!!

http://www.boxcracker.biz/ is the site.

You will need the AU key and ROM images plus a working sessionsd for EPG / profile for time and ares / XML files for channels / clock images for the right days of the week.

New to this forum, please let me know if you require the files to be posted.

Back