What phone case for IPhone 11 Pro Max?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Managed to pick one of these up cheap today and browsing phone cases on EBay and getting nowhere tbh.

The current one I have on my iPhone 7 is hard shell thing with a rotating ring on the back.

I would like done thing like that or if not better as I’m not one to look after phones tbh.

Also I presume I can just purchase any pack of glass screen protectors?

What’s everyone using?

I’m not forking out for a stupidly expensive one!

Cheers

I use iPhones and have done for years now as I really like iOS .
I usually use Otterbox cases as they offer great protection and not to expensive. I have got a Mous limitless 4.0 at the moment, not cheap but looks nice imo.

@bilabonic
The main reasons I prefer iOS
No bloatware.
Privacy controls.
Frequent software updates and updates are supported for longer with iOS.
Third party apps are better imo.
A wide range of accessories and are easy to get hold of.
Plenty of Apple shops knocking about, if you needed to get your phone checked out for a fault or repair.
All the iPhones I have owned have never had a fault occur on them but probably just pure luck.
I never buy the latest models and usually get the previous model and keep 2-3 years.
Recently got rid of my IPhone XS Max 56gb, which I paid £440 new and sold it for £200.

If you spend a lot of money on a mobile it would be good to get a good case/cover
I got this one for my mobile, have a look on here as they have very good cases
Cases

I had it cheap as the rear glass has a crack, it does not effect phone at all, plus the battery is only 77% health.

It looks a pain to replace the glass without damaging the face detection/induction charging ring. Seen some using lasers to repair and some on ebay just picking away at it and gluing a new one on.

Plus aftermarket batteries throw up a fault as the Iphone BMS is attached to the battery, that looks simple to snip of and solder on to a new battery (you can get ones specifically for this) but u need a spot welder and even then you need to calibrate with another tool.

Any done any of these, not done any soldering/phone work since replacing SMD caps on NTL box's and chipping wii's with Kynar wire under a scope..

I had it cheap as the rear glass has a crack, it does not effect phone at all, plus the battery is only 77% health.

It looks a pain to replace the glass without damaging the face detection/induction charging ring. Seen some using lasers to repair and some on ebay just picking away at it and gluing a new one on.

Plus aftermarket batteries throw up a fault as the Iphone BMS is attached to the battery, that looks simple to snip of and solder on to a new battery (you can get ones specifically for this) but u need a spot welder and even then you need to calibrate with another tool.

Any done any of these, not done any soldering/phone work since replacing SMD caps on NTL box's and chipping wii's with Kynar wire under a scope..
When you stick a case on it you will not see the glass. As for the battery I have replaced batteries on the earlier iPhones but not to sure with the newer models tbh.

I messaged a guy who has one of those Forward BlueLaser tools for rear cover removal, he also has the battery calibration tool but states its still not reliable so they just swap batteries out and you error message and can't access battery health.

Can’t believe the difference between my old IPhone 7 and this 11 pro max.
It’s still is odd with no home button tbh.
Plus swiping in different directions for half up etc.
I only chose the model for battery after watching that YouTube guy MrSmartguy or something.
He had several iPhones running and the difference was massive between the X and 11.
But as he stated it also the upgraded chip with less power draw.
Think my battery is 87% and I can not worry about it draining at all.
This is the first iPhone I have owned with no worries at all about battery levels.

Back