Wave Frontier 90CM Toroidal Dish

albielew

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone anywhere near Manchester (UK) set one of these up?
I'm strongly considering buying one of these as I want to receive both 28.2°E and 0.8°W and this seems the easiest way to do it other than have two dishes
I bought 2 X Triax TDA 88 but after they arrived I can see me having problems due to the size and having only one real place to mount them

I live in a flat and the only direction I can see the satellites is out the back of a my flat mounted on the side of the house on a scaffold pole.
The problem is trees in the front of the premises in the nature reserve next to the flat
Sky engineers refused to fit a dish insisting there was no way I'd get a picture with the trees that close, but I know that with the dish mounted on a scaffold pole it clears the top of the trees and I had to get a private installer to fit the dish and prove them wrong

(it seems most installers including Sky's seems to think the satellite is where the dish points and doesnt realise what an offset dish actually is, and the dish looks upward even when it doesnt appear to be.

If anyone has any experience of fitting these I;d be really grateful for any advice or suggestions, and if you knbow anyone that can align it for me I'd be even happier
all the local "sat guys" have never heard of the dish and say its impossible to get both satellites on one dish.

Sadly there are not many true 'installers' left these days, just 'fit & run' fitters for $ly. This is a good time of year for checking line-of-sight issues. The sun's elevation is very close to that of the Clarke belt (slightly higher now) so using a sun-outage calculator, you should be able to quickly tell if the trees do in fact impede your signals from 28.2°E by checking the proposed dish site at around 10 am GMT for shdows.
I have never set up a toroidal dish but the spec says it should be capable of what you want.

I presume that you want to view / record from both satellites simultaneously, otherwise a straightforward (!) motorised dish will certainly answer.
What's the access like to the location for an installer to align and mount the dish; setting one up at the top of a scaffold pole in order to view more than one bird might well prove a bit tricky from a ladder? I've used a Zarges combination ladder for my own house, but that's off a decent patio.
I understand Wave Frontier are well regarded in some European countries, but you quickly land up with a lot of LNB cables if you choose to install multiple quad LNBs.
Good luck, tell us if you make any progress.

Back