VU plus receiver problems.

Paulmark

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi
I had to remove my dish for some work on my house, it was left outside in the back garden. I decided to upgrade the dish, and fitted it with the lnb from the old dish as it had been recently replaced. During the reinstalation l connected my sat finder to the receiver poker, and then to the LNB , the power from the reciever went off immediately. At first l thought the satfinder had failed, so l purchased a new one. I rebooted the reciever, and tried again, and the same thing happened, l replaced the LNB. Rebooted the reciever, when l connected the sat finder, it showed power, until l connected the new lnb then it went off again. I have not yet checked fuses in the reciever, l will do that tomorrow. I now suspect that water may have got into the first lnb and caused a short circuit when l connected it the first time. Could this have caused permanent damage to the reciever?

Could this have caused permanent damage to the receiver

Best check your fuses

Could be your cable that is the problem as well if you never protected it from water damage when removing it from the dish ?

Thanks for the reply Spud. I think the cables are ok. Will check the fuses, l have tried alternative cables in the house directly into the reciever, finder and lnb, just to check, and it did the same thing. I am wondering if the damage would be limited to the tuners, which are interchangeable, or would it be further into the system. I will keep on plodding. With a bit of luck it might just sort itself out. In the meantime l will use another reciever just to set the dish up.

I tried to set up the new dish with another reciever, and l seem to have problems with the motor now! I am going now going to renew all the lnb and motor connections Tomorrow and try again, if it is still the same l think it might be a new motor as well. I haven't had a look at the problem reciever yet, l now want to focus on getting the dish set up. Then look at the reciever.

Hi Guys,
I seem to have another issue now, when l do a blind scan it shows no transponders detected. I had a few channels available on 22W and l tried to update the search, it showed no transponders detected, l have tried it on other satellites, and the same results. This seems to have occurred since the removal and the re installation of my dish. The stored information in the reciever is not affected and everything else works fine. Any ideas?
Many Thanks in advance.

Hi Ferret,
Thanks for the reply, l was able to do blind scans ok in the past! You say
" Clones tuner" not sure what you mean. Can l not repeat a blind scan? As far as l can remember, l have repeatedly done blind scans in the past.

I set up the dish using an old spider box, but now have connected the vu + Duo 2 reciever, it is the blind scan with this reciever that doesn't seem to work.

Somewhere along the line i thought your box was a clone.

Try a stronger sat than 22w see what happens there have you a dual tuner or single tuner ?

Hi Ferret,
It is a duel tuner, VU + Duo 2. Original box. l am doing an automatic scan now, and that seems to be working fine, l will just leave that run, and see what that comes up with. Just cant understand why the blind scan is not working! Seems strange.

Thanks Ferret
I am using Vix, but not updated for a while, it may very well be l need a driver update, would it not automatically update, or do l need to do a manual search?

Hi Ferret,
Maybe l need to update the image then?

Say what your image is on like 4.0 , 5.0 or 6.0 gives an idea how old it is

Hi Ferret,
The image is 5.4013. It did used to tell me that updates were available, but hasn't done that for a while. I do also scan from tuner A. The Automatic scan i did over night worked ok. No problem with that. I am also thinking about an upgrade as a Christmas present. May be the 4k box.

Before you jump on a 4K box do you have a 4k tv or be upgrading later.

I cant say how old your image maybe late 2021?

Hi Thanks for the reply, l would say it is probably around 2021, the last time l updated the image.

Back