Strange internet problem.

@chookey
Hope your not using wall sockets or splitters not provided by Vermin. Their engineer will remove them....learnt from experience.
I moved my connection from the back of the house to the front a few years back. I did away with the shitty interior outlet and just ran a new length of cable from the exterior VM outlet. Had a couple of engineers out since and nothing was said.
Everything else is theirs.
I've lost count how many times I lost service today. Started making a list for the genius coming tomorrow.

19-05------19-30
20-09------20-12
20-58------21-02
21-14------21-17

I moved my connection from the back of the house to the front a few years back. I did away with the shitty interior outlet and just ran a new length of cable from the exterior VM outlet. Had a couple of engineers out since and nothing was said.
Everything else is theirs.
I've lost count how many times I lost service today. Started making a list for the genius coming tomorrow.

19-05------19-30
20-09------20-12
20-58------21-02
21-14------21-17
Go hide your kryptview and splitter and remote and you be good.

You couldn't make it up. Waiting for this engineer I decide to look out the window and seen my gate was ajar. Put my hand in the letterbox and there was a missed appointment card from Virgin.
I'm sat 4 yards away from my front door and I never heard a thing. Card said I would be charged £25 for the missed appointment.

It also gave me a link to contact them. As usual the link takes you to an Oops Sorry page. Now I'm fuming!!!

Rang them 3 times in an effort to get to actually speak to a person. Realised on my last time that they put you through if you neglect to hit one of their options. Spoke to a guy who put me on hold for 19 minutes before telling me they would send him back out Friday morning. So much for the phone call I was told I would get from the engineer to say he was on his way.

Still not sorted!!!!!!!
Engineer tapped my door at 8-05am this morning. Had I been in the kitchen or bathroom I'd have had no chance of hearing him. He said it wasn't a faulty router but a signal problem.
I disagreed, telling him that it plays up when it get's hot. Usually when I'm running heavy traffic like YouTube videos. He checked the cabinet, the outside connection box and decided to replace the splitter that splits the tv/router with a single connection. I didn't mind that as I don't use the cable tv box.

Lost my service at 3-30pm. Nothing would bring it back. Rang Virgin 3 times before being allowed to talk to a human. An Indian lady told me "an engineer visited you this morning and fixed the problem". Why did she think I was calling? :rolleyes:
Internet restored @ 4-10pm and they are sending an engineer out again tomorrow between 4-7pm.

I can't even get angry about it now

Although VM is the best broadband provider in my area there customer service team and engineers are shite.

When they installed mine a few years ago they just laid the cables across the top of a flower bed next to the drive.
I phoned and complained, a week later they came back and buried the cables but tried to charge me £90 to do so.

Engineer came again at 4-30pm. Did a quick test of my router and said it has recorded more than 300 T3 timeouts which is very high. He has replaced it with a Hub 5 so I'm flying on Wi-Fi 6 now. 😃

Real nice bloke. We got chatting football, pc's and general electronics. He never left till just gone 6pm 😂
Everything seems fine. Went to do a RealSpeed test but getting the router unsupported message again for some reason. I did a speedtest on my phone and got 703 down and 51 up so a massive improvement on my hub 4. Range is much improved as well so I'm well happy.

Real nice bloke. We got chatting football, pc's and general electronics. He never left till just gone 6pm 😂

Get a room 😂.

Glad it's sorted mate, i tried to get the hub 5 but no such luck.
Was told my hub 3 would have to fail before it would be changed.

Back