VM offering free Superhub 5 upgrade

What is the Wi-Fi strength like on the hub 5, that’s if anyone is not using it just in modem mode.😆

I will ask on the vm forums see I can get an answer.

Looks like VM took link down 15 mins after OP

What is the Wi-Fi strength like on the hub 5, that’s if anyone is not using it just in modem mode.😆
Far better than the hub 3 and 4. I have mine in the front room and the wi-fi nearly reaches my workshop. That is through 3 walls and 10 metres of garden to my shop.

Far better than the hub 3 and 4. I have mine in the front room and the wi-fi nearly reaches my workshop. That is through 3 walls and 10 metres of garden to my shop.
I will have see if I can get one but I ain’t holding my breath. 😆

VM website not very clear on this - seems you can get an upgraded hub if you take their 1 Gig service

"..If you currently have a Hub 3 or older model (including the Superhub 1A, 2A etc.) you’re eligible for a Hub upgrade if you order or upgrade to one of our Gig1 Fibre broadband packages..."

Not sure im in the best place for info. But got the 1gb service from Virmin.. Hub 4...2.5gb switch...Can i get better speed ..?
Need advice ..networking /speeds etc just lose me

As above asking if there is any way i can get better speed by buying better hardware etc ..?? Wi-Fi is not an important factor to me ,though manufacturer seem to think it is a big issue. Obv more is better but im just wanting to get best lan speeds i can

945 seems pretty close to the maximum 1 gig. How much faster are you expecting to reach?

Back