Tech News UK Court Orders Big ISPs to Block Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
This has got me in a bit of hump really as i used to use one these sites regular :(

A group of Hollywood movie studios have successfully won a case in London’s High Court that will require all of the country’s major broadband ISPs to block their customers from accessing the following websites – Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie. All were found to be facilitating Internet copyright infringement (piracy).

The ruling means that big ISPs like Sky Broadband, BT, Virgin Media and TalkTalk, which did not contest the case, can now expect to receive a court order requiring them to block access to the sites under Section 97A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act. The blocking action itself is expected to begin as soon as this week.

A Spokesperson for the Federation Against Copyright Theft said (Torrentfreak):

“FACT and the Motion Picture Association (MPA) wrote to four websites asking them to stop infringing creative content. Collectively, these sites provide access to an enormous collection of films with no permission from the copyright owners. FACT, supported by the MPA, therefore took this court action.”

However critics of website blocking systems frequently warn that such approaches remain both easy to circumvent and may thus only serve to promote the existence of such websites. At the same time related sites usually find ways around such blocks, which can involve moving domains / hosts, using shared IP addresses in their DNS table (i.e. tricks the filters into blocking legitimate websites on the same IP) and setting up their own proxy servers. Credits to Recombu for spotting this.

The thing what i don't get is why just block it?

Why not just take it down?I have never understood that if you want me to be honest.

i have never heard of , Viooz, Watch32 or Zmovie.

great advert for these sites. i will need to check em out now.. lol

The thing what i don't get is why just block it?

Why not just take it down?I have never understood that if you want me to be honest.

If the horse has already bolted, why not just blindfold the owner? Then the horse becomes an existential argument... (And that's the last of the cider for the evening.)

I just started using Viooz a couple of days before the block came into effect. Anybody know if a new URL has been set-up to circumvent the block yet as happened with the Pirate Bay?

I think it's ridiculous that all these sites are getting blocked. Where will it end? I understand torrent sites as that really throttles bandwidth with download and upload. But streaming sites? They'll never stop nzbs. Just hard trying to find a reliable site for nzb.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I just started using Viooz a couple of days before the block came into effect. Anybody know if a new URL has been set-up to circumvent the block yet as happened with the Pirate Bay?

hi @cdy get zenmate addon for google chrome it will answer your prayers :) hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it work for everything?. If so that's brilliant.

Does it work for everything?. If so that's brilliant.

ive not had a problem either, but one thing to be aware of (this goes for any ip hiding, or vpn) if you have a torrent site thats private make sure you turn of the proxy before hand otherwise it will cause you issues.

Netflix is really cool, there is so much more on the american site than the up, set your proxy to usa and have a look (do this before signing into the site).

I'd like to thank them as i'd never heard of these sites, i'll take a look.

Thanks @roachieuk. Hopefully I can get get this set up with my new MG Smart TV. I literally discovered Viooz days before the block came into effect!

hi @cdy get zenmate addon for google chrome it will answer your prayers :) hope this helps.

thanks for that bud , however I cant get viooz to load any movies so not sure how to bypass that but a great find none the less and better than that shitty hotspot shield

i changed the proxy from germany to usa and some are now working lol great find dude thanks again

Back