TV Recorded Program

Gwyn1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My daughter and her partner lived in Parkgate on the Wirral for many years before moving to New Zealand some 12 years ago.

So when I saw a programme on BBC about the history of Parkgate, I recorded it thinking I could email them a copy.

But, although I can replay with no problem on my TV, I cannot find the recorded program on the SSD. to send to them

Can anyone help please, or is it impossible ?

On My Sony Smart TV with an SSD attached

Dont think i know the answer to this but so all the information is here for others that may. Is the Sony TV android ?

And you are plugin the HDD in a PC to try find the file ?

Last edited:
@Ferret,
Yes the TV is android, and when I plug the SSD into my PC,
I am told that the HD requires Reformatting.
Thanks spud, forgot that the file will be far too big for email , or Skype.

Have also now used BBC iplayer to download the file and see that it is valid for 11 months,
so hopefully they will be visiting me within that time.

Hi,

My daughter and her partner lived in Parkgate on the Wirral for many years before moving to New Zealand some 12 years ago.

So when I saw a programme on BBC about the history of Parkgate, I recorded it thinking I could email them a copy.

But, although I can replay with no problem on my TV, I cannot find the recorded program on the SSD. to send to them

Can anyone help please, or is it impossible ?
Have also now used BBC iplayer to download the file and see that it is valid for 11 months,
so hopefully they will be visiting me within that time.

I seem to remember that the recorded files of most TV's are encrypted by the software of the particular TV manufacturer (don't think there is a way around it).
To record from iplayer with a file that does not expire use get-iplayer on you PC
GitHub - get-iplayer/get_iplayer: A utility for downloading TV and radio programmes from BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds
copy and paste the program link from iplayer into the search box on get-iplayer. Then click record.

Hi All,
Got around the problem by sticking my Tablet in front of the TV,
running the recorded program on the TV and recording it on the Tablet.
This gave me an acceptable * .mp4 copy to do with as I wish.
Many thanks for all your suggestions

Hi All,
Got around the problem by sticking my Tablet in front of the TV,
running the recorded program on the TV and recording it on the Tablet.
This gave me an acceptable * .mp4 copy to do with as I wish.
Many thanks for all your suggestions

Depends on what you find "acceptable". To me, anything recorded like that wouldn't be worth watching.

I suppose for others though, it's a case of "YMMV".

In This case Quality was of little concern as long as it was viewable and audible
it would bring happy memories to my daughter and partner out in New Zealand.

Yes thats the one, as stated in my initial posting

Back