yellow button
EPGImport
Blue (sources)
if in UK scroll down to Rytec UK XMLTV I also use BBCi
green to OK
now yellow (manual)
OK yes
wait for some services to be found before exiting menus

This is the first new image I have loaded for a while (thought I'd wait for Digi to work his magic)

Seems great, the one thing that seems to be missing wasd the ability to map the buttons, i.e green short press for cool epg. Is this one of the things that doesn't work on IQ images yet?

Why is it the skins no longer work? It's like they've gone back to the old video driver that was wrong

the brushed ali and ultraviolet HD skins will work, and with brushed asli, once its installed, you can also download the DW customisation pack for it.

on the older DW images, there was a plugin installed called multiquickbutton that allowed for remapping of the remote keys, you can download this plugin from my plugin (yellow button, digidudes DW plugin)

So did they include cccamswitch? and has it stopped all the glitching and freezing issues, can someone please explain what is so different this time that gets everybody excited?

Thanks for the reply. I have chosen both Rytec UK XML and BBC (they show a cross against them) and tried a manual import. It shows "Importing : Rytec UK XML TV" and "0 events" and then the message disappears. I do recall, on an earlier image, the counter moved upwards from 0. Do I need to change any other setting?

Also, I get the "Timeshift Not Ready" message despite setting a recording path to a formatted rear USB. Is time-shift not available in this image?

as you have seen the Teansformer dont work yet in new iQ source
I think with the new DW image 3 or 4 skins work at the moment

to get epg to show you need to scan
yellow button
EPGImport
Blue (sources)
if in UK scroll down to Rytec UK XMLTV I also use BBCi
green to OK
now yellow (manual)
OK yes
wait for some services to be found before exiting menus

somtimes rytec site is down, when it shows 0 then nothing it usualy means its down, try again at a later time it will update, Time shift is disabled on most images but we are promised it will be fixed soon.

Thanks. Tried later last night and it worked fine !!

TM800HD with the great images is probably the best box out there, to the extent that it can compete with some HTPCs !! The only thing it misses is

a) Ability to record one channel while watching other - With a single tuner, this is a hardware limitation that we need to live with.
b) Timeshift - This is work-in-progress and eagerly awaited.
c) Glitch-free media capabilities - This too is work-in-progress

QUESTIONS (slightly off topic) :

1) I downloaded picons which now show on the info-bar. Is there a way to get the picons on the CoolEPG screen ? Also some of the international channels seem to be missing the picons. Where can I get the same ?

2) I had customized my bouquets using DreamboxEdit. However, I think when the Rat's channel updater ran, it over-wrote it. Can somebody please guide me where to disable auto-update of the channel updater? Or is there a more elegant solution to let the channel updater run and at the same time retain my customizations ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable replies
somtimes rytec site is down, when it shows 0 then nothing it usualy means its down, try again at a later time it will update, Time shift is disabled on most images but we are promised it will be fixed soon.

1) I downloaded picons which now show on the info-bar. Is there a way to get the picons on the CoolEPG screen ?

Once in CoolTV press the menu button to edit settings. On one of the settings screens at the bottom is path to picons - go onto this and ignore the keyboard entry popup, press menu again and you'll be able to navigate to the patch e.g. /media/rear-disk/picon - make sure you dont click ok on picon, just highlight it and then save. In order for them to show though, you need to make sure one of the entries (can't remember which off hand but it should be obvious) to it's default value of 60, not 30. Save, restart enigma and it should show them

Hi Vectorz,
Thanks for the explanation. I followed your instructions and the entries show the following values :

Start View 60, 30(60) ................................. 60
Picon Height (60),(54),(54)........................... 60
Picon Item Height (60),(54),(54).................... 60
CoolPico Height (30),(27),(27)....................... 30
CoolPico Item Height (30),(27),(27) ............... 30
Left Width for 60 Height (110),(75),(75) ....... 110
Left Width for 30 Height (190),(110),(110) .... 190

Can you please tell me which one to change? I tried changing a few but to no avail (I did restart enigma after each saved change).

Once in CoolTV press the menu button to edit settings. On one of the settings screens at the bottom is path to picons - go onto this and ignore the keyboard entry popup, press menu again and you'll be able to navigate to the patch e.g. /media/rear-disk/picon - make sure you dont click ok on picon, just highlight it and then save. In order for them to show though, you need to make sure one of the entries (can't remember which off hand but it should be obvious) to it's default value of 60, not 30. Save, restart enigma and it should show them

Start View 60, 30(60) .................................60 hit RED to save
:)

Last edited:
Thanks Rat. But doesn't seem to work :(
What I am trying to do is get picons on the main coolEPG screen (i.e the one I get to by pressing Yellow button and choosing CoolEPG)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say your path is wrong then mate in cool epg
Do you know where you put them ? Or did you download via ppanel ?

Open FTP programme goto hdd and look for picons
Click on picon folder so it opens and look for the exact path then put that path into cool epg :)

I downloaded it using ppanels to rearUSB. I can see the picons on the info bar on the bottom of the screen.

I would say your path is wrong then mate in cool epg
Do you know where you put them ? Or did you download via ppanel ?

Open FTP programme goto hdd and look for picons
Click on picon folder so it opens and look for the exact path then put that path into cool epg :)

do you have a ftp programme on your PC mate ? FileZilla - Client Download

are you familiar with FTP ?

I would say this would be the path you need mate /media/rear-disk/picon
open cool epg
menu
at bottom Picon Path change that via remote to /media/rear-disk/picon / and - use 0 key on remote :)

Actually I think it needs to stay at 60 for picons to show. I usually set it to 30 so it fits a couple more channels on screen at a time but when I wanted picons, had to change it back to 60.

I got the path wrong when I first tried. When selecting I actually clicked ok on picon folder but they still didn't show. I had to go back a level and make sure /media/rear-disk/picon was highlighted but not selected with ok button..... hope that makes sense

Last edited by a moderator:
you are right mate, and I knew that coz I checked before posting :err:

Ive edited my post and the quotes, not to hide that fact Im a div lol dont want members to get it wrong in future ;)

Thanks all for all the help. Finally got it working.

Corrected the path >> /media/rear-disk/picon

Set the start view at 60

Restarted enigma and BINGO !!

Incidentally, the issue was setting the path using the remote. I had been choosing /media/rear-disk/picon but for some reason when I saved it, the path was set to /media/rear-disk. I had to choose /media/rear-disk/picon/backup to get the path set to /media/rear-disk/picon. I think there's a small bug in the file browsing UI using the remote.

Another query : would the issue of momentary frozen image while zapping channels be fixed in future images? Or is it just me that's facing this issue ?

on your remote Go to menu, setup, system, customise and turn off fast zapping

Back