Time for a new box.

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
well it's time for a new twin tuner enigma 2 box.
For me the vu+solo2 is my obvious choice.
I have over the years used all sorts of different boxes but always came back to vu boxes.
Been looking all over at various different boxes but none persuade me away from vu+
What do you think?

At the moment it's between vusolo2 and GiGaBlue HD QUAD PLUS.
AJT

Last edited:
Not sure why you keep changing so much then selling them, must be bored or have too much money lol

That's about it mate..I went onto sly for a year but that's ending as I had half price..no way could I afford the full price so unless sly give me a deal which I doubt they will I'm going back to CS full time.
I still use my e2 boxes at weekends and in the bedroom..but now need a new box for lounge full time..

Iv been thinking of getting a new box aswel looking at the gigablue as takes a twin cable tuner and twin sat, but like youself i do like the vu range

I still use my e2 boxes at weekends and in the bedroom
I think you need to get a girl or get married mate ! Lol ....but on serious note im too looking for a new box, has to be sat tuner and twin cable tuner...gigsblue quad plus ticks all the boxes, i recently bought a duo2 but had issues and im wsiting for refund before i Part with more money..

im thinking of selling my solo2 and getting gigablue quad plus

im thinking of selling my solo2 and getting gigablue quad plus

Hi mate,been looking very closely at the quad plus it runs the same processor as solo2 so im hoping it would be as quick.
At present i don't need a box with additional tuner capability as i have solose boxes if i want to change tuners around..but there's no cable in my area so its sat till i can get moved..Please give me first refusal on your solo2 should you decide to sell it mate.

I have found a seller of quad plus for £213.00 and solo2 £215..

Stick with the Solo2 or even duo2. Had a quad and not impressed with driver support etc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Iv read the tuners for cable are not the best on the gigablu gives a low signal can any one confirm or dismiss that

Hi mate,been looking very closely at the quad plus it runs the same processor as solo2 so im hoping it would be as quick.
At present i don't need a box with additional tuner capability as i have solose boxes if i want to change tuners around..but there's no cable in my area so its sat till i can get moved..Please give me first refusal on your solo2 should you decide to sell it mate.

I have found a seller of quad plus for £213.00 and solo2 £215..

pm me the seller mate

Iv read the tuners for cable are not the best on the gigablu gives a low signal can any one confirm or dismiss that

yes it well known that gigablue suffer occasional driver related problems..they are slow to release updated drivers or fixes.

yes it well known that gigablue suffer occasional driver related problems..they are slow to release updated drivers or fixes.
well there goes the gigablue then..only other option i have is to try the duo2 again from a different seller....

@AJT is the seller of the gigablue in europe ?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what has been putting me off i have a sundtek usb tuner that works well might just buy another usb tuner then i have what im wanting rather than paying £300 for a new box to get an extra tuner

well there goes the gigablue then..only other option i have is to try the duo2 again from a different seller....

@AJT is the seller of the gigablue in europe ?.

yes mate i have a couple i have found in Germany..last time i ordered was here in 2 days..

Gigablue do always sort out the driver issues but as soon as one is fixed another pops up..They are silly niggling problems nothing major like timeshift had issues and now fast forward and rewind in recordings had issues but i believe as it stands all issues have been sorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i found a few but when you add shipping costs and cable tuners etc..it all comes down to the same price as here in the uk, perhaps a few quid cheaper, but then if you have a problem then you have to post it back at your expense, luckily when my duo2 had a problem, well i think it was a problem with the tuners the seller emaile me a RMA label all paid for , it was delivered back to germany in a few days..just waiting for refund. If you find any seller in wurope thats a lot cheaper then heree then i may be interested..ta

yes i found a few but when you add shipping costs and cable tuners etc..it all comes down to the same price as here in the uk, perhaps a few quid cheaper, but then if you have a problem then you have to post it back at your expense, luckily when my duo2 had a problem, well i think it was a problem with the tuners the seller emaile me a RMA label all paid for , it was delivered back to germany in a few days..just waiting for refund. If you find any seller in wurope thats a lot cheaper then heree then i may be interested..ta

I have found a couple in Europe the cheapest is £213.00 with 2 day delivery included.

I have the Gigablue Quad Plus here and have Zero issues with anything on images, Also had a Solo2 but with the limit of the Solo2 and its Fixed Tuners its a no goer in my opinion especially for C/S and Cable if you have a Live Cable feed that is.

If i bought again i would still choose the Quad+ over the solo2 i may have lost Blackhole image support but with using OpenATV for the last year that loss means nothing.

As for the Cable tuners no problems here at all it gives an accurate reading and pulls everything in it should, Which works for me

ok ive done the math , with the links that ajt sent me, specially the second link.....after adding 2 cable tuners to the gigable hd quad plus with (with 2 sat tuners) the total comes to just over £290 which is about the same here in the uk...coould have been better if postage was combined from the seller in the bottom link but he charges postage for both tuners even if shipped in the same box as the gigablu...i suppose thats how they make the extra money by charging extra postage...

Back