technomate 9100

satpink

Inactive User
Reaction score
thinking of selling my dm 7025 ,getting a dm 600 c & technomate 9100 satellite & cable seems a bit picky the 7025 as a dual purpose machine, thoughts & comments please

every image for the 9100 is a beta image, my experiance is that none of them are stable enough to rely on

mmmm.... i dont know digi..... not having had i dream box i cant compare but running the UKUR 10.2 beta my 9100 is a lot more stable, havent experienced lockup/reboot yet. I'm happy with it but if your comming from a dreambox setup where the images are supposed to be really good you may have different view!

I think the idea of having 2 seperate boxes- 1 for sat & 1 for cable, is a good move. However, i personally feel the choice of a tm9100 is a bad move. Since you have already been using a dreambox you will be disapointed with a tm9100 imho.

Does anyone use the remotes plugin or something similar that allows 2 dreams to be controlled without affecting each other? Is there a decent solution for that?

i more thing i have discovered the technomate card reader cant read n d s cards hope i'm allowed to put that, was hoping to set up a local cs with some of my family, think i will keep the 7025 & stick another cable tuner in, then buy another dreambox but would like timeshift etc, does the 7020 support that or the 600s, which would be best for my needs & family, family members will only be on cs, not other sats so cheaper the better for them with pvr facility thanks for all replies & recomendations

I have just sold my 7025 (nothing wrong with it @ all) and must say that i will (@ the moment) never buy a technomate 9100 but i did buy the 6800 HD sat receiver and im happy with that, as far as cable goes i now use my v+ and a 500c for that side.

PS: the 7025 is still an excellant box and you will get around £300 for it on f***bay.

i more thing i have discovered the technomate card reader cant read n d s cards hope i'm allowed to put that, was hoping to set up a local cs with some of my family, think i will keep the 7025 & stick another cable tuner in, then buy another dreambox but would like timeshift etc, does the 7020 support that or the 600s, which would be best for my needs & family, family members will only be on cs, not other sats so cheaper the better for them with pvr facility thanks for all replies & recomendations

Wont it read it using the T-rex super cam ??

I think the idea of having 2 seperate boxes- 1 for sat & 1 for cable, is a good move. However, i personally feel the choice of a tm9100 is a bad move. Since you have already been using a dreambox you will be disapointed with a tm9100 imho.
Does anyone use the remotes plugin or something similar that allows 2 dreams to be controlled without affecting each other? Is there a decent solution for that?

I use the db switch it works well you basically pin 1 box which allows you to leave it on whilst communicating with the other then when you want to use the other 1 unpin it. Here is the plugin as an attach to try. P.S there's no way a 9100 is better than a 7025.

Last edited:
The dm7020 supports timeshift and I would recommend it. The 600 i'm not sure but i believe it has timeshift. The tm9100 does not have timeshift, basic record/playback only (that works when it feels like it).

i more thing i have discovered the technomate card reader cant read n d s cards

it will m8, people on this site were the 1st to get it going, and after numerous arguements on darkmans site was told 'well it may be possible, but only in the bottom slot' so again we got an n d $ card working in both slots, then technomate rung and asked how we did it, then about ten days later someone on the darkman site announces that 'they' had finally got it to work, funny enough the same thing happened with nova cards in the 9100.

we have also worked out how to get the PVR on the new 5000 series of technomates working properly, nearly a month ago now, and how to get them (and the 1000 series) conneted to dreambox cardshares but are keeping that all close to our chests, but dont you just hate it when someone else takes the credit.

if you want help getting your family viewing drop me a PM, itll only take few mins to get you going m8 ;)

Last edited:
the 9100 is as stable as any dreambox using the new DS3.4 image which is NOT a beta image it is a final release......till 3.5 that is.

the only thing the dreambox has over the 9100 is timeshift but the UR team are currently working on it at the moment.

i only wish 3.4 come out before i sold my box..........i had it on for about 4 days till me ebay auction ended and it never rebooted or crashed once and playback & record worked 100%

Back