Technical topic solo2 clone (please only technical talk)

I just woke up this morning to find the spinner on screen rebooted and i now have all the signs of a bricked solo2 anyone got a chip for sale and who can fit it

exactly what image was you running and where from ???

appolo 22 i think, the image was an updateable image for v2 solo2 clone, i ran the update from 15 to 22 few weeks ago all has been well untill this morn, i think its the same problem as the v3 version thats timebombed

appolo 22 i think, the image was an updateable image for v2 solo2 clone, i ran the update from 15 to 22 few weeks ago all has been well untill this morn, i think its the same problem as the v3 version thats timebombed

i dont understand why people run updates when there's a risk it bricking with no easy recovery, doesnt matter if your on v2 or v3, recent new drivers effect both, should just stick to helios image, doesnt get updates anymore, and plugins feeds work, or just should have stuck with apollo and not do any updates, you know sooner or later new drivers will come out,

if it aint broke leave it, plugins work and keep updated , plugins feeds work,

unless you know you can recover easily why risk it ? most of the time you dont see any benefit anyway

exactly as above says you had apollo on ,you know only safe images are from ferrari with older drivers ,so dont ever update,only flash a updated dated apollo from ferrari as your just asking for trouble otherwise

i bet your image was working fine before so why press update ,i know people like messing round with boxes but in the end its for watching tv once you have a image on that works just leave it alone once you have every plugin you want on it

I do know that im aaking if any one know of a service to get it fixed i found an ad in ebay for chip and fitted 49.99 inculding postage i think its worth it

I do know that im aaking if any one know of a service to get it fixed i found an ad in ebay for chip and fitted 49.99 inculding postage i think its worth it

Contact your seller and they should be willing to send you a replacement chip. With that in hand, a local sat / electronics repair shop should be able to solder it for about £20.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Iv contacted her but wont get a reply till tomorrow ill try get the chips free but will still have to wait 30 days, thanks

Iv contacted her but wont get a reply till tomorrow ill try get the chips free but will still have to wait 30 days, thanks

30 days? Wow, where do you live? Even by slow China Post it should take no longer than 10 days to get to the UK.

exactly as above says you had apollo on ,you know only safe images are from ferrari with older drivers ,so dont ever update,only flash a updated dated apollo from ferrari as your just asking for trouble otherwise

i bet your image was working fine before so why press update ,i know people like messing round with boxes but in the end its for watching tv once you have a image on that works just leave it alone once you have every plugin you want on it

saying that the feeds dont work anymore unless you use build 32 which is risky, will the feeds from that work in the older build ?

Thanks

yes the feeds worked but they was old ,still managed to get ts media ,ondemand etc ,but really what you want the feeds for its not hard to manually add cccam ,ts media ,on demand,even a channel list,takes minutes to do,if you have these for things to hand flash image then put them on manualy then run abm takes max of 20 minutes to get all set up

yes the feeds worked but they was old ,still managed to get ts media ,ondemand etc ,but really what you want the feeds for its not hard to manually add cccam ,ts media ,on demand,even a channel list,takes minutes to do,if you have these for things to hand flash image then put them on manualy then run abm takes max of 20 minutes to get all set up

helios feeds work fine, yes i know can manually install easily, just for the people who have no idea !

Question: I've got an EPROM programmer at work. Once I get my original NAND chip replaced with the new one that's winging its' way to me from China, is there anything I can do with it to restore the erased blocks to make it usable so I have a good spare?

Question: I've got an EPROM programmer at work. Once I get my original NAND chip replaced with the new one that's winging its' way to me from China, is there anything I can do with it to restore the erased blocks to make it usable so I have a good spare?

I don't anybody has tried this as most people won't have the kit required but there'd be no harm in trying to copy the contents of the new chip and see if you can write to the old? You could even try soldering the old chip back to see if the box boots.

The unit we have is a Stag programmer. I'll need to get an adapter to take the flash chip as I'm pretty sure we won't have one.
I could do with some advice ad to how to go about examining the chip as all I know is how to copy and burn EPROMs!

Solder is no longer needed. Flash chip is programmed through the bbs.
Solo2 Mini
1bdd0351955099b541798853b4adad39.jpga57e832114beff02e9d9fa8d520a1856.jpg

My understanding is that BBS is not 100% successful, therefore the only solution is a chip change.

Last edited:
My understanding is that BBS is not 100% successful, therefore the only solution is a chip change.

The chips can have a bad block from the time bomb, some do some don't strangely . If your chip has a bad block then BBS will not rescue your box and although ive never done it external flashing of the chip seems the only way.

The chips can have a bad block from the time bomb, some do some don't strangely . If your chip has a bad block then BBS will not rescue your box and although ive never done it external flashing of the chip seems the only way.
The chip is like a hard disk with bits masked off for bad blocks, if copying data raw to the chip then there is a danger that some of the data may lie on bad blocks.

The chip is like a hard disk with bits masked off for bad blocks, if copying data raw to the chip then there is a danger that some of the data may lie on bad blocks.

Yes and that is the very reason BBS wont flash to a chip with bad blocks, external programmers can format and wipe the chip correctly to repair or ignore bad blocks BBS can not.

As i say no experience of flashing these chips externally so i could be totally wrong but its what ive read and how i understand it.

BBS - this is not jtag. BBS works with nand flash correctly.

Back