Switchover to Nagra 3

It’s all about adapting to the situation! Nagra 3 has been around for quite awhile in Europe, ie: Portugal, Spain and Poland,
Guess what? Some of us still watch Nagra 3 encrypting TV, like Tv cabo and digital TV without subscribing. There are always methods!!! One thing that I strongly believe is that the way forward is CS (card Sharing) because i believe that in the next 5 year or so encryption cards will be obsolete.. another words all TV will be supplied trough broadband and cardless

Not true !! It is nothing to do with the providers or the method of provision i.e sat/cable..

broadly speaking, a c/s system allows a remote receiver to send ecm's to a remote card i.e 1 in another receiver. This is done using an internet connection the cards reply is sent back to the remote receiver which then receives the updated control words and a picture..

A N3 card is capable of working 10 times harder than is required in a standard equipment box, Of course quite wether the so called open source persons are able to do anything with this mechanism remains to be seen. Lets face it they were not so quick to fix things in the past - so most of you will just have to wait and see.. mind you another little problem is 1 in at least 10 will have to actually have a card lol :)

Does this mean then that as has happened with regards sly, that people will possibly rely on c/s for their cable viewing so not even bother with trying to hack n3?

Tbh i am a little confused when you say;

"will people rely on c/s for their cable and not even bother with trying to hack n3?"

As far as i know no person even remotely likely to possibly be able to hack n3 is likely to be doing so in order to get themselves free tv lmfao!!! It is almost beyond the realms of possibility that such a person is even likely to experience an interruption to services, due wholly or partly to the introduction of this encryption.

Hackers don't read tut's and then post on forums so they can be spoon fed things they didn't quite understand in tut's or simply didn't bother reading about.
There does seem to be a lot of confusion about the cable hack in general imo, real hackers don't actually rely on hacking to watch free tv - Real hacking costs a lot of money, a fookin lot more than subscriptions!!!!. Some hacking is done for reward - more so these days than earlier times, you will have noticed less and less material arriving in the public domain ?

walk throughs and tuts for material hacking are finished, you have nothing more than c/s left if you want cheap tv.. Why would someone spend a small fortune even trying to hack n3 so you and thousands of others can sit back reaping the rewards then come back to moan when something goes tits up, or a patch isn't released for the box you have and you have no tv for a week. Much of the past tensions seem to have been forgotten as they always are in too short a time... When i use the term YOU in this post i refer generically to anyone reading it looking for the answer to freetv, it is in no way directed at the previous poster or any other poster singularly.

lets be honest lol, if someone hacks n3 they would setup a c/s network payserver and charge people for a share and run an emu instea of a card lol.

Last edited:
Am I being stupid in that I see a hack and the ability to cs as two seperate issues? You can cs sly but it has not been hacked. (and personally I don't get free tv)

Tbh i am a little confused when you say;

"will people rely on c/s for their cable and not even bother with trying to hack n3?"

As far as i know no person even remotely likely to possibly be able to hack n3 is likely to be doing so in order to get themselves free tv lmfao!!! It is almost beyond the realms of possibility that such a person is even likely to experience an interruption to services, due wholly or partly to the introduction of this encryption.

Hackers don't read tut's and then post on forums so they can be spoon fed things they didn't quite understand in tut's or simply didn't bother reading about.
There does seem to be a lot of confusion about the cable hack in general imo, real hackers don't actually rely on hacking to watch free tv - Real hacking costs a lot of money, a fookin lot more than subscriptions!!!!. Some hacking is done for reward - more so these days than earlier times, you will have noticed less and less material arriving in the public domain ?

walk throughs and tuts for material hacking are finished, you have nothing more than c/s left if you want cheap tv.. Why would someone spend a small fortune even trying to hack n3 so you and thousands of others can sit back reaping the rewards then come back to moan when something goes tits up, or a patch isn't released for the box you have and you have no tv for a week. Much of the past tensions seem to have been forgotten as they always are in too short a time... When i use the term YOU in this post i refer generically to anyone reading it looking for the answer to freetv, it is in no way directed at the previous poster or any other poster singularly.

lets be honest lol, if someone hacks n3 they would setup a c/s network payserver and charge people for a share and run an emu instea of a card lol.

awesome post - you win the internets

Am I being stupid in that I see a hack and the ability to cs as two seperate issues? You can cs sly but it has not been hacked. (and personally I don't get free tv)

Both are separte things to put things in simple terms for you to CS you need a subscription card but what TBC is saying if a hacker hacked any TV provider using an N3 card they can then create emulation for other cards such as opos, fun etc and use that card to share with other people.

This would mean that the hacker would not need to pay his monthly subs to the provider he has just hacked and the people who share with the hacker on his server will assume he is running a legit card.

Edit:

If the provider that is hacked happens to provide PPV channels and these channels clear on a share you automatically know they are running off an emu card.

Last edited:
Why would someone spend a small fortune even trying to hack n3 so you and thousands of others can sit back reaping the rewards then come back to moan when something goes tits up, or a patch isn't released for the box you have and you have no tv for a week.

couldnt have put that any better..:Clap::Clap:

This is an e-mail I got when I enquired about N3 to one of these sites selling the boxes

There will be away around n3 if it actually is rolled out everywhere (its being held back as its full of problems - nationally), we are not worried about it as we are at the forefront of resolving any issues

I'm not sure if I can post the name of the site (mods/admin advise needed on that)

This is an e-mail I got when I enquired about N3 to one of these sites selling the boxes

I'm not sure if I can post the name of the site (mods/admin advise needed on that)

Pm me the website please

Sounds like shite.

Pm me the website please

Sounds like shite.

depends what site and what make off box .????

i know off one fta box for cable in the uk that has the n3 sorted already
(cardshareing) but wether they wait untill everyone has nagar3. only they know that .

tr

Cable has been sorted for card sharing some sites are now taking pre orders from people who wish to join their server when its up and running.

Good luck to thoes wishing to go down this route.

depends what site and what make off box .????

i know off one fta box for cable in the uk that has the n3 sorted already
(cardshareing) but wether they wait untill everyone has nagar3. only they know that .

tr

Yes, the kryptview team.

Its a website selling virgin medias own boxes lol.

Cable has been sorted for card sharing some sites are now taking pre orders from people who wish to join their server when its up and running.

ive seen that advert its on the site that "christopher reeve" is a mod on!

well if its keeps my sa.8300 running 4 a small fee ...im nt bothered .lol .....so loooks like somethings gonna happen ...with these guys !! good luck 2 them i hope they do sort it out :banana::banana:

l know this is working sort off . but the main problems going to be virgin closing the servers ip as soon has they know of one , could happen twice a week . that would make it a nightmare and not worth doing

well if its keeps my sa.8300 running 4 a small fee ...im nt bothered .lol .....so loooks like somethings gonna happen ...with these guys !! good luck 2 them i hope they do sort it out :banana::banana:

Sa8300 is a VM box to cs you need a linux box like Dreambox.

Sa8300 is a VM box to cs you need a linux box like Dreambox.

with some changes to a certain emu out there you could get a cable receiver to link to a server with a season interface you can even get a wirless one, yes you would need a pc to be running but it will work that is if the team behind it were to added it would put a lot of people off but then you would not need to buy a new receiver only a season interface and they cost about 20 pounds

....only a season interface and they cost about 20 pounds

I suspect it would have to be something other than a season interface. A standard season interface cannot be used as an interface to a card slot. Thats not what its for !

You would need something more akin to a logger but it would have to be bi-directional. Afaik, there's nothing presently available in the UK to handle this function (unless you build/program it yourself).

Back