sv7

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi everyone ! can I ask is the sv7 a similar set up as the v8s in putting the image and stuff on ! and do they record ....im asking as I have set up a couple of the v8s for the kids rooms but they can only record the channel that your watching so was gonna buy the sv7 to try something different ? cheers

The SV7 model is a single tuner so you will only be able to record the channel your watching.
Look into twin tuners if your wanting to record on channel and watch another.
I'm not aware of any openbox taking images as they are the basic boxes you can get.
What you do need to be careful of channel lists.
Im not sure if SV7 takes (.dbs) or (.bin)
As you mentioned you have V8s. They are easy to update channel lists and are easy to get your hands on.
If channel lists are (.bin) files it is a fook up. The last list I seen for that is 3 years old. You can make a list on your remote but expect your beard to be a foot longer by the time your finished.

haha cheers bud it saves me buying this model ! ill just stick with the v8s for now then ! thanks again much appreciated

As I said I'm not sure if the SV7 takes usual TP_PROGS.dbs

I know for sure that models.....
F3
F5
F5s
V8s
Will take the common (.dbs) update.

If members know more openbox models take (.dbs) file please let me know so I can add that model in the next time I upload a channel list.

Back