Suplements

mike361

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok Folks i think this has porbably been covered many a time but just want a couple of opinions,

one i`v done a workout i take a protein shake now my question is what else is good to take as i notice there are many a product for pre workout there is protein bars also vitamins anything you can think of i was thinking of getting something like this:
The Big Deal Bundle | Myprotein.com

I`m not totally sure that i really need all that stuff as i`v said before i`m heading to the gym 3 times a wekk for about a hour or just longer doing about 5 - 10 min cardio then doing a workout .

Any help would be good.

Regards
Mike

I have a 20g whey shake before and about 45 minutes after. I used to like a stimulant preworkout but dropped that.

What is in that lot? It doesn't list it.

Hi Spectre

MP MAX® True Whey (Strawberry, 2.27kg): Next generation premium whey protein supplement. Ideal for anyone looking to pack on quality lean mass.

Creatine Monohydrate (250g): Proven to help improve power, strength and growth and has been shown to reduce overall recovery time and recovery between intense bouts of exercise.

Omega 3 1000mg (90 softgels) Healthy fish oils which are essential for a number of normal bodily functions including brain & cardiovascular function.

Daily Vitamins (60 tablets): Comprehensive multi-vitamin designed to increase overall well-being and prevent vitamin deficiency in your diet.

Instant Oats (2.5kg): A fantastic source of low Glycaemic Index (GI) carbohydrates ideal for fuelling your exercise routine.

Dextrose (1kg): A simple carbohydrate that rates very highly on the Glycemic Index. Can be consumed to give a fast acting source of energy and kick-start the recovery process.

Myprotein Blender Bottle (600ml): The Myprotein Blender Bottle is the most advanced sports supplement bottle on the market today, helping your to produce the smoothest drink with minimal effort.

if you are eating a healthy sensible diet then unless you are pushing weights to your maximum, a basic whey protein shake will do you for now. When you find that you are hitting your maximum weights then maybe look at creatine as well. Plus there are some pre-workout suppliments which basically contain caffeine, sugar and some other stimulants which can help you train at your max for longer.

creatine and caffeine are the only legal supps that have been scientifically proved to be of any benefit. I cycle quite alot, porridge skimmed or fat free milk first thing in the morn ( slower release ) tuna salad wholemeal bread for lunch , plenty of chicken fish veg and some fish oil capsules. A good swig of milk after a hard ride as milk rehydrates alot faster than water.

You should really only need to take protein shakes (whey protein) and creatine (only once you've reached a good size and strength). These two are the most proven ones to work. Other than this don't worry too much about supplements. If you train hard, eat right and rest you should build muscle!

Back