Streaming an eagle box to another PC over internet

coling76

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Hope i am in the correct section.
I have an eagle box (DM500 clone i assume). I have been running it via my home network using something it has called web-x-tv. Works fine, no issues and i can even watch the signal on my phone with android dreamer. Happy days.
I recently got a much faster broadband provider (4g wireless) and now have 10mb download and 5mb upload so decided i would try to set things up so i can watch my programs at my mates house (ie football as his telly is bigger). i set up a dnsdyns account and have setup port forwarding on my router so when i go to my newly created web address i can log into the box, see the settings, change them etc etc. I can then see the epg on a pop up window after clicking web-x-tv, but no sound or picture appears.
Someone had told me it was due to my upload not being high enough, but at 5mb i would assume it would be fine. My theory is that the iplayer works on much lower upload / download speeds.
I am hoping there is a very simple fix to this - maybe a tick in a box or something lol.
Any help is gratefully received.
Failing that - i have been looking for a long while at upgrading to an E2 box (qbox mini / vu+ solo / TM800) - would that help things out any ?
Many thanks,
Colin.

Back