chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Come to your house pick the car up then return after service
Do not use this rip off service :mad::mad:

Like lot's off people said wish I would
have did a bit of research myself
Stop start fault on the dashboard was still there when the car was returned so obviously the car never been plugged into a computer wouldn't be surprised if the bonnet was never opened
Car over 2 and a half years ago 7000 on the clock come back to me saying needs all brakes replaced ( my arse )
absolutely pathetic the garage doing the service needs to be demolished disgusting had to drive back there
( NOT HAPPY ) to get the service book stamped ( by law ) that was in the glove box (unbelievable) when I asked about the dashboard fault was told didn't see it but would be a charge to fix it
SERVICEING STOP
DO NOT USE THIS SCAM

I would never go near one of these franchise servicing services. They're all rip-off merchants.

I've only used two garages for my cars in the last 30 years. Find a place you can trust (word of mouth helps), and stick with them.

I've always done my own servicing, most of it is pretty basic really. As for Garage Servicing many only do an oil change and not much else.
Think about it...........Full Service :: 1) Oil Change, a nut/plug to be undone to drain the oil and the oil filter taken off and changed, that can often be done by hand. 2) Replace Spark Plugs, buy a spark plug spanner no problem. 3) Change Air Filter, usually a few clips to undo or sometimes a couple of screws. 4) Check Water Levels and top up if necessary. 5) Check Tyres for wear or damage and check the tyre pressures.
That's usually more than a Garage will do, to go a bit further you could check the brake pads for wear and listen out for any leaks from your exhaust.
Anyone with a little bit of DIY knowledge could do that and if you felt there was something else wrong, then you can use a garage.

yes spot and I am more than capable of doing a service but when it's a lease car you need a garage stamp on the service book đź‘Ś
Funny you should say that, I just had an ink stamp made up to use for stamping my car's Service Book. But I did make it sound like a home service.

Reliable Car Service (My Initials)
Done At Home (Which it was)
Contact
Tel :: 1234567890 (And My Phone Number, should anyone wish to phone and confirm that a service was done)

I use Halfords in Oldham , been using for years, never had a problem with their work, never did unessential work and when requested always been shown the parts needed to be replaced. Now got guaranteed free brakes replacement for life.
Never had a problem with them.

I use Halfords in Oldham , been using for years, never had a problem with their work, never did unessential work and when requested always been shown the parts needed to be replaced. Now got guaranteed free brakes replacement for life.
Never had a problem with them.
When you find someone you're happy with it doesn't matter who it is, stick with them. I've been going to the same garage for MOTs since I was 17 (with the exception of a couple of times) the original owners grandson is a mechanic there now ! They charge full price for the MOT but things like lights out of alinement they will correct without charge during the MOT and if they say that something needs doing then I know for sure that it does need doing.

Come to your house pick the car up then return after service
Do not use this rip off service :mad::mad:

Like lot's off people said wish I would
have did a bit of research myself
Stop start fault on the dashboard was still there when the car was returned so obviously the car never been plugged into a computer wouldn't be surprised if the bonnet was never opened
Car over 2 and a half years ago 7000 on the clock come back to me saying needs all brakes replaced ( my arse )
absolutely pathetic the garage doing the service needs to be demolished disgusting had to drive back there
( NOT HAPPY ) to get the service book stamped ( by law ) that was in the glove box (unbelievable) when I asked about the dashboard fault was told didn't see it but would be a charge to fix it
SERVICEING STOP
DO NOT USE THIS SCAM
Stop/start light staying on could mean that your battery is under charged to work it. Get your battery checked.

Stop/start light staying on could mean that your battery is under charged to work it. Get your battery checked.
Could check for fault codes using the "Pedal Test Method" Press both the Accelerator and Brake pedals down to the floor then turn ignition on until the lights come on but not as far as to start the engine..........then where your mileage shows up it should flash up an ECN number that is your fault code, if nothing appears then you either have no faults or the test hasn't worked, but bit does work many cars.
Quite some time ago I put a list of Vauxhall Fault Codes in the Cars and Vans sub forum, well I have been told that those codes are Universal and are the same no matter what make or model.

Back