SkyBox F5 and Updating the FW

I have read that someone has succesfully used the recovery kit from another forum:

I found this to work for me.....I have a skybox f4 which bricked and was not connecting with recovery tool...to upgrade or eecover..after i connected the null moderm cables..i selected com3,
(i found that was in use by selecting properties andadvance in device manager for the portcom) then googled for latest firmware for skybox f4....got the manufacturer's site
here
SkyBox | SkyBox
i downloaded the latest firmware i could find....tried to the upgrade .with erom again...selecting this firmware ...with boot loader selected ,switched off the box and switched it on in sync as i clicked next in the upgrade tool and it worked instantly....so for all those having issues after connecting with cables ...i think you need to look for the latest firmware for your machine...and use that in the upgrade tool

Hi denzilbrazil I have checked most of the sites that supply RS232 null modem software, and they all seem to be the same, but do not seem to support F4 or F5 chipset (ali 3061 ) but can be used to flash FW. As your box is bricked you could try the RS232 tool and FW from the site I posted on 11April HDDVBSW.C**

If your problem is still not solved then use TR_PROG.dbs (Channel List) file not the complete software. You are trying to put a software which is for Skybox F3 or F4 thats why you are getting message for mismatch file.
This will solve your problem.

sorry forgot to mention you can download channel list from the software section.

your box is not bricked a few importers has asked maker to disallow sw update by usb on the box they import they are official boxes you can only upgrade cha file you cant update sw reason for this it there they changed chipset to make utube work better but many guys have been putting old sw on new chip version and bricking box ,so your box is not bricked or anything wrong with it file mismatch has been on my boxes for last few months all you need to do is load channel file via usb

Hi there .. Any one has the latest software for f5 ? THANK YOU

Hi there .. Any one has the latest software for f5 ? THANK YOU

this is the latest and latest channel listing setup as a backup of mine. I,m from yorkshire so setup is local to me if you look at channel 6 and 7 in entertainment.

Attachments

• 3601HD_Backup.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hello! at all.
I need help I do not know what to do.
My skybox f5 has stopped working load 1-100 and continue with setup.
I tried with emronupgrade and null modem cable and it seems that the procedure is successful, but again the load 1-100 set up and so on to infinity.
If you can help me thank you, there is another way to revive another software???
I think I'll have to throw

hi
that's the symtoms if you put older sw into an f3 or f5 that has new chips in try newer sw if it don't work try older sw depending on when you got the box you will have an idea of what sw came with your box ,or could be your box is goosed but may just have failed and needing sw reloading ,I had an f3 like this and was psu but had a few like this with wrong sw in them ,
alex

Another thing to check is your satellite cable has not come loose and shorting at the box end or water hasn't got in at the LNB end causing a short. To see if it is not the cable causing the problem disconnect the cable fro the F5 and see if it boots up.

I tried but nothing to do.
You restart 1/100 picture appears skybox and restart

There is nobody who can help me to unlock the decoder ??

If you have tried everything members have advised then all I can suggest is to continue to try to reflash you might get lucky as others who have but because of the fault you describe it looks more like either a wrong software fault or some hardware has failed and therefore boot up process is failing.

I thank you for the help, now I just have to throw it in the trash.

Back