Sky UK to stop Satellite broadcasts

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this posted elsewhere:
Quote:
In a surprise move BSkyB today announced they are to cease Satellite transmissions in 12 Months. They have given SES Astra, the owner of the Satellites used by BSkyB, 12 Months notice to relinquish all their satellite capacity.

Senior VP for operations Michael Hunt said "We have been heavily investing in IPTV delivery with both our On Demand and Now TV service, it's now time to expand this to our core service. Starting today, customers with the Sky+HD boxes will receive some channels over their internet connection and by this time next Year, all services will be delivered over the internet only.

We will have the option to broadcast an unlimited number of channels and even Ultra HD 4K for customers with at least a 50Mbit Internet connection.

This will also help stamp out some of the Piracy problems that have beset our Satellite service, the new Internet delivered service will be streamed to a single box and remove the possibility of it being intercepted illegally."

When asked about customers with capped Internet downloads, Mike Hunt replied "Obviously some people on capped or slower Internet connections could have issues, we recommend they switch to our excellent MegaFibre+ Internet service which will become available shortly for a reasonable £100 per Month. It will be tailored to suit our HD and 4K service and be free of congestion at prime time.

Those on 8Mbit or slower connections will be unable to receive full HD channels, so they should look to upgrade in the next 12 Months as should anyone with a Monthly cap of less that 100 GB of data.

We will be expanding the reach of our MegaFibre+ service and hope to reach 50% of the UK population by 2020. Those outside the current service area of central Milton Keynes can apply for priority Installation at a cost of £3500. We have appointed an experienced company to complete the advanced priority installations, messers Bodgit & Scarper (formerly Trotters Independent Trading) based in Peckham, they have Years of experience in supplying the latest technology and providing excellent customer service.

We have other innovations in the pipeline and will announce them in due course."

We have appointed an experienced company to complete the advanced priority installations, messers Bodgit & Scarper (formerly Trotters Independent Trading) based in Peckham, they have Years of experience in supplying the latest technology and providing excellent customer service.

I’ve had dealings with that company they are very professional.

Highly recommended.

Ive got it already. MegaFibre+ is spot on. And a bargain at £100 per month plus £35 line rental.

I think the iptv subs are a bit expensive thought at £132 per month.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ive got it already. MegaFibre+ is spot on. And a bargain at £100 per month plus £35 line rental.

what is MegaFibre+?? m8

thats their way to beat cs share lol

a nice april fools

Last edited:

I called customer service and threatened to go to VM and they offered it at 12 months free and then half price.

April fool? I've just paid for an ip share gift from eBay ! Damn

I heard for an extra £50 a month sub you can make cameo appearances on 80% of the channels programs? Just signed up to Eastenders

i was actually reading into all that until their installion company made me pmsl.

Back