Sim needed while in Italy ?

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My lads gone to Italy, bought the euro roaming on addon for Voxi (iPhone 14) but the data's not activating over there he's with Voxi. He had the same problem last year in Spain same script but he thought it was a on off obviously not. He's only there 4 days but he needs data etc calls. Anyone recommend a sim he can buy over there he can lob in his phone with calls data ?. Pointless trying to get hold of anyone over here customer service zero

Maybe his mobile settings are not correct
I use PlusNet with no problems as my main number but also use Tesco sim also with no problems

Since he is there, best go to local mobile shop to see if they can help with his settings or sell him a local sim

Maybe his mobile settings are not correct
I use PlusNet with no problems as my main number but also use Tesco sim also with no problems

Since he is there, best go to local mobile shop to see if they can help with his settings or sell him a local sim
He's quite savvy so he's looked on the web & phone settings are fine. Trying to get advise on social media Voxi is pointless he'll be home before they reply
When I say he looked on the web he checked before he left because right now he's got none lol.He just needs some for work and Google maps

He's quite savvy so he's looked on the web & phone settings are fine. Trying to get advise on social media Voxi is pointless he'll be home before they reply
When I say he looked on the web he checked before he left because right now he's got none lol.He just needs some for work and Google maps
Try a TIM or Iliad sim card from mobile shops, see if he can one of those

I'm on voxi on Android phone and recently used euro roaming in Hungary and Ireland without issues.

I'm on voxi on Android phone and recently used euro roaming in Hungary and Ireland without issues.
I suggested taking my old android just incase but he's an iphone guy. Did you change any settings ? , I cant see why you would need to once you've paid for roaming which he did. Another, is it instant once paid ?. he paid late last night got there 10pm I just wondered if there's a delay on activation

I suggested taking my old android just incase but he's an iphone guy. Did you change any settings ? , I cant see why you would need to once you've paid for roaming which he did. Another, is it instant once paid ?. he paid late last night got there 10pm I just wondered if there's a delay on activation
Maybe sim needs reboot

No, all I did was turn on roaming. The pass becomes active immediately so I always purchase as close to departure as possible.

If it doesn't work new sim time, he's not bout money paying to go to Italy on A last minute jaunt

I had that problem before too, and was also in Italy. It was because I had the roaming block on with Vodafone (not only on my phone settings). I had to find a wi-fi to access my vodafone account and turn on roaming. It took a couple of hours to see results.

They say is best to activate these euro bundles while in the UK, before arriving at destination. I hope he gets it sorted.

I had that problem before too, and was also in Italy. It was because I had the roaming block on with Vodafone (not only on my phone settings). I had to find a wi-fi to access my vodafone account and turn on roaming. It took a couple of hours to see results.

They say is best to activate these euro bundles while in the UK, before arriving at destination. I hope he gets it sorted.
I've got into his voxi account online and its showing he's paid for the 7 day euro roaming and there's no were to activate on or off the roaming. I would think that, once you pay it would just kick in. His data roaming works fine in the uk. For me its gotta be a phone setting blocking it.

if the phoine had esim he could get one on that rather than a physical sim. something like airalo

Well he never sussed it and just managed on free WiFi and hotspotting. Voxi just said not my problem but a relative went Tenerife same SIM, paid for the euro roaming and had no issue.
My son's phone settings were bang on and it's a new phone from when he went Turkey so I would say it's his SIM.

Back