Sideloaded apps the wrong way up

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I've got a mi box, and a few apps such as itv x bbc 4od etc aren't in the play store. I've downloaded the apks and installed them via USB. They install OK but they show up the wrong way, so I'd have to flip my TV onto its side 🤣 is there anyways to make them install the right way so they are landscape rather than portrait?

Tia

Make sure to get the Android tv apps not the phone apps. Best to install aptiode tv and get the apps from there.

Weird that BBC and it player aren't in the play store for you. That box should have near stock android and allow you to install those apps as long as you are in the correct region

All them apps are in the playstore so it must be a dodgy android box
bin it and get a firestick/cube

Mi Android box’s are decent devices and run on Android tv os. You probably have installed the mobile version as mentioned.

Thanks guys I'll give apitode a go. I'm not sure why the catch up services aren't in the play store. The box is really good other than that tivimate Is brilliant on it

Thanks guys I'll give apitode a go. I'm not sure why the catch up services aren't in the play store. The box is really good other than that tivimate Is brilliant on it
I know Android tv os has limited apps compared to Android os. But just install aptoide and you will have access to way more apps.

Hi uys, sorry for the slow reply, been a rough time at home. I got apotide installed but can't find any of the UK catchup services on there? Can anyone point me in the right direction for some apps?

Hi guys I downloaded apitode and apitode tv but the cathedral up apps etc aren't there? Any ideas ir links to android tv apps? Thanks for all the help

Hi guys, still messing about with this box. Struggling to set it up so I can use phone as a remote.to.dowlod torrents. I also.womdered if there's.a.way to.share my media to devices inside.amd outside. Sorry for.beong so.vague I'm not the beat with android
Ti guys really appreciate it.x

plex is good for inside sharing without a licence

Back