Service Scan

ive just taken apart my dm800hd and it doesnt look likes yours. Mine is the same as ferret says in that it pushes into a slot on the side and doesnt slot directly into the mother board.

Just taken the box apart (again haha) and here are a few pictures.

Picture with just the top removed:-

IMG_1464.JPG

Picture with the Tuner removed. This shows the pin plugs which the tuner plugs into in the left:-

IMG_1467.JPG

Picture of the underside of the tuner:-
IMG_1468.JPG

There is no PCI for the tuner, the only plug is the 64 pins.

I bought this box off ebay, it came with a euro plug, Im wondering if the tuner cannot scan the higher frequencies?? maybe it is meant for other countries. Do you think this may be the case?

Just having a look around on the net and I wondered if the ALPS tuner plugs into an adapter which then uses the 64 pin into the motherboard? If that makes sense to you? Looking at the second picture in the below link the right hand side seems to have the 64 pin set up like mine in the motherboard with something plugged into it. Then the ALPS tuner can be plugged into the side of that?

dreamboxON.com | DM800 DVB-S2 tuner, REV:M

I'm not sure if there is any such adapter, my tuner plugs in sidewards, and the part it plugs into is soldered directly to the motherboard. Maybe someone with more experience of dismantling the boards will be able to offer some advice if there is a fix, thats of course if the problem is the tuner. Cant you have a word with the person you bought it off fleabay to find out if it has actually been working ok, (they would probably say it was) but maybe worth a try

my motherboard is different as well in that is say rev L, yours says rev6 so it may be an older box, you may be able to google what is the difference between the too, or it may have been answered on this forum

Just taken the box apart (again haha) and here are a few pictures.

Picture with just the top removed:-

View attachment 82918

Picture with the Tuner removed. This shows the pin plugs which the tuner plugs into in the left:-

View attachment 82919

Picture of the underside of the tuner:-
View attachment 82920

There is no PCI for the tuner, the only plug is the 64 pins.

I bought this box off ebay, it came with a euro plug, Im wondering if the tuner cannot scan the higher frequencies?? maybe it is meant for other countries. Do you think this may be the case?

Im shocked never seen one like that.

Ferret, I don't like your answer.. ;)
So you mean the general set up of inside the box or mainly the tuner and how that fits?
To rule out my dish I'm going to take the box to someone's house and do another search but I'm pretty certain there are no problems with it.
Thanks
Dan

Ferret, I don't like your answer.. ;)
So you mean the general set up of inside the box or mainly the tuner and how that fits?
To rule out my dish I'm going to take the box to someone's house and do another search but I'm pretty certain there are no problems with it.
Thanks
Dan

The tuner and tuner socket but also mobo components ill need to have a look at mine.

To me your problem may be a LNB one with the lnb not switching through the bands.

Try scanning without the send diseqc option ticked just

Simple
Single
28e

Here are my settings whilst performing the scan.

IMG_1490.JPG

I am going to take to someones house tomorrow to perform a scan. I will let you know the outcome

Thanks
Dan

I have been endlessly searching the net to find out what I can. I have found this tuner (the same as mine) on ebay and it mentions something to do with E-Star.
E-Star M Tuner DVB-S2 HDTV für 800 HD 800HD 3D E Star 64 Pin SAT DM | eBay

When I bought my box, It had an E-Star Sim, I had loads of problems and ended up buying a Sim201. I wonder if this tuner would work better with the E-Star Sim refitted?

I find it hard to believe that it would make a difference if it does work for some channels???

Drivers not sim card are at issue.

Why not wait until you try scan at the other place.

My personal strategy in fault finding is to be methodical, treat items in isolation one at a time, test things that do not involve money first.

I have been endlessly searching the net to find out what I can. I have found this tuner (the same as mine) on ebay and it mentions something to do with E-Star.
E-Star M Tuner DVB-S2 HDTV für 800 HD 800HD 3D E Star 64 Pin SAT DM | eBay

When I bought my box, It had an E-Star Sim, I had loads of problems and ended up buying a Sim201. I wonder if this tuner would work better with the E-Star Sim refitted?

I find it hard to believe that it would make a difference if it does work for some channels???

I have a estar 800se or not a 800hd and its a slot but at least you know you can get another tuner if needed.

Just got back from my mums, and guess what...... The exact same 470 channels. So at least i have eliminated my dish etc.

I think I will reflash with the E-Star image and Change back the Sim card and see what I get.

E-star now re-flashed with E-Star Sim. Service search carried out and only 452 channels found now.

So now wondering if it is the actual capability of the tuner, or a faulty one.

E-star now re-flashed with E-Star Sim. Service search carried out and only 452 channels found now.

So now wondering if it is the actual capability of the tuner, or a faulty one.

Mate have you transferred a channel list say Rats 28e or Catseyes 28e and then had a look thorough to see if your getting tuned failed on channels.

If your where and the tuner is setup as it was in your picture that would for me confirm the tuner to be at fault.

Sorry to be a pain. I have just downloaded this "Rat's Bouquets E2 SD FTA HD 21.07.2014.rar" which files do I have to change over on my box and which folder are they in?
Also is this the same one for the Pay channels?

Hi,

Sorry I havent responded earlier, i have had to have a weekend off messing with the box, otherwise I would have been divorced by now haha!!

I have tried Rats channel listing and still no success. Therefore I am still wondering about the tuner serviceability or capabilities. Not many people seem to know much about the tuner which worries me as to why this box has this tuner in it!!

Cheers

So the bloke I bought the box off has come back and said that the software used on the box controls the tuner. Do you agree with this? If so, do you know of any good E-Star images I can try. I have used the one off the E-Star website but that doesn't pick up most of the channels. I am struggling to find another suitable image!
Cheers
Dan

Back