remove out of date channels engima2

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise whats the best way to remove out of date channels from enigma2. Using a vu solo2 running openvix.

I use a combination of DVB-S and DVB-T in a custom bouqets with numbering starting from 1. I want to delete all channels that are no longer active from the complete channel list as i use a mac to manage the box and since updating Mac OS it doesnt support iDreamX so have to use the OpenWEB ui which is a nightmare when you have 10 channels with the same name but only 1 of them works.

Whilst in the channel list press the menu button.

Youll then see the delete options/
Thank but what do you mean by channel list.

When I go into EPG or EPG all channels list I don't have the option you mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_20240507_182102.jpg
    IMG_20240507_182102.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Personally, I would not touch bouquets to begin with. instead remove channels and then rescan. You will then easily see the dead channels as n/a in your bouquets.

In the channel list (nothing to do with EPG screens), select orbital/satellite, highlight 28.2, then press menu, you will get option to delete selected satellite. Do same for Terrestrial. Once again, in channel list, not EPG screens. To access the channel list, easiest way is to press up in live TV (no menu showing).

Then rescan. You can use ABM and configure it not create any bouquets if you want to save time and not have to bother with updating satellites.xml file

Personally, I would not touch bouquets to begin with. instead remove channels and then rescan. You will then easily see the dead channels as n/a in your bouquets.

In the channel list (nothing to do with EPG screens), select orbital/satellite, highlight 28.2, then press menu, you will get option to delete selected satellite. Do same for Terrestrial. Once again, in channel list, not EPG screens. To access the channel list, easiest way is to press up in live TV (no menu showing).

Then rescan. You can use ABM and configure it not create any bouquets if you want to save time and not have to bother with updating satellites.xml file

I agree about not using custom bouquets but unfortunately I set these boxes up for my parents who are old and tired to make it as easy as possible for them. Channel 1 being RTE 1, 2 being RTE 2 etc .might give it a try and see how it goes. Channels are changing frequencies too often these days for me to keep up .

I was under the impression that ABM would only organise channels into bouquets and it would not find new channels as you need to schedule a full scan to get new channels.

Is there a way to have one bouquets with ABM that will have all Irish(dvb-t) and Freesat. After messing around with the options all I can get is all channels bouquets for Irish channels and the same for Freesat.

With what you have on that screen, press menu on the remote. :)

I figured it out. I need to press the TV button down the bottom it seems to give me some better options.

### UPDATE ###

Ignore the above

Actually ABM seems to do what I want. I was able to add soarview to the bouquets name from configure page andI can have the Irish channels first and they start at 1 which is great. Only problem now is Freesat channels start at 1000 instead of there actual correct numbering of 100. I noticed a few missing channels with ABM like bbc1 even after a full manual sat of the sat. Any ideas? Is there a recommended region to select for Freesat? I use to use Northern Ireland before but then realised some shows like match of the day we're on later than on other regions so changed to south/London.

Last edited:
My suggestion was to use ABM to "scan" but not create/modify bouquets. Purpose of suggestion was to achieve "acquiring new channels" in about a minute instead of 12 odd minutes of scanning using Enigma2's scanning after you have updated the XML file. You have to say no to creating the bouquets/section to achieve this. You have used ABM to create the bouquets.

Didn't we use a mix file to mix/match Saorview/Sky UK channels before? If that is something you want to pursue we can have a look again. Please manually create the bouquets in the order you want, back them up, upload them here and we can have a look.

"Missing" is different to "not working". Please be explicit in what the problem is. ABM will read the data table and import channels based on your selection even if you cannot receive them. You will obtain more channels using the Sky provider than the Freesat one.

Last edited:
My suggestion was to use ABM to "scan" but not create/modify bouquets. Purpose of suggestion was to achieve "acquiring new channels" in about a minute instead of 12 odd minutes of scanning using Enigma2's scanning after you have updated the XML file. You have to say no to creating the bouquets/section to achieve this. You have used ABM to create the bouquets.

Didn't we use a mix file to mix/match Saorview/Sky UK channels before? If that is something you want to pursue we can have a look again. Please manually create the bouquets in the order you want, back then up and we can have a look.

"Missing" is different to "not working". Please be explicit in what the problem is. ABM will read the data table and import channels based on your selection even if you cannot receive them. You will obtain more channels using the Sky provider than the Freesat one.
Thanks for the help as always

I didnt even know ABM could scan i thought could only arrange since its so quick compared to E2 scan.

No need to mess around with the bouquets ill just use the ones from ABM and see how the parents get on. As long as RTE is on number 1 they should be ok id say but ill soon find out.

I updated the openvix image i was on 5 where its on 6.4. that resolved the missing channels(BBC1). I would of expected more channels with Freesat than Sky since most on sky are encrypted. Is there a reason behind this?

Short answer:
Enable not-indexed in configure menu.
In provider menu for Sky, select FTA only.

Long answer:
ABM was designed to replicate bouquets on an official receiver. On a Freesat box, you put your post code in and you get the channels designed for your region. A Sky receiver reads the postcode and does the same.

ABM was adapted to read the out of region channels for the Sky protocol, you have to enable the "not-indexed" option. Nothing was done for Freesat, so ABM still ignores them.

Add your channels to the favourites boquet and put them in the oder that you want.

Back