Re: SKY UK Skin + Cool Tv Guide

Hi @mochinky

Maybe yes but more than likely no, it will green screen

The TM800 is a very temperamental receiver with plugins and HD skins, on some images HD skins work on most they do not so it depends what image you are using

install it, reboot the receiver and see mate :) if it green screens you can remove the skin by FTPing into the receiver and removing from /usr/share/enigma2

hope this helps :) hope it works :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply mate

should I download the file on the 1st page go get the most up to date one also which boxes is this most stable one?

Hi @mochinky

Maybe yes but more than likely no, it will green screen

The TM800 is a very temperamental receiver with plugins and HD skins, on some images HD skins work on most they do not so it depends what image you are using

install it, reboot the receiver and see mate :) if it green screens you can remove the skin by FTPing into the receiver and removing from /usr/share/enigma2

hope this helps :) hope it works :)

I would go for the latest personally

Ive used it briefly on the 800SE and its stable, tbh it should be stable on any E2 receiver mate

I should just copy the ipk file to /usr/share/enigma2

I would go for the latest personally

Ive used it briefly on the 800SE and its stable, tbh it should be stable on any E2 receiver mate

unfortunatlly it never worked I think im going to get rid of the tm800hd

can anyone recommend a good enough box that's not too pricey?

no mate thats where then skin will install too and where you would remove from if it were to green screen

tbh I cant remember how you do things on the TM800 anymore Ive tried to erase all memories of it lol

ftp ipk to tmp then install via software management ? thats what we do on dreambox

install like you would any other ipk plugin :)

unfortunatlly it never worked I think im going to get rid of the tm800hd

can anyone recommend a good enough box that's not too pricey?

get a 800SE clone from china mate, outclasses the TM800 in every way ;)

Would this work on VIX helios, also does it work hand in hand with @Rat Picon and Channel updater?

No idea regarding compatibility with Helios but it wont effect any of Rats plugins.

Thanks Ferret,

I will hold on then, to get a definitive answer!

I literally have got my box re-imaged yesterday and working!, I'm not going to get too clever with it just yet!! :D

(Still leanring and getting used to this whole thing and doin git myself). resource here is just brilliant, thanks guys :)

bite the bullet why not try the helios & see lol

nowt to lose a good learning curve

bite the bullet why not try the helios & see lol

nowt to lose a good learning curve

I certainly will!

Im sure its easy to go back the orginal skin isnt it?

Or does it overwrite the orginal skin?

I certainly will!

Im sure its easy to go back the orginal skin isnt it?

Or does it overwrite the orginal skin?

It just gives you another skin option it does not over write anything so you can go back.

Take the back your considering doing as on the other thread then install the skin if anything goes wrong then you can flash your backup.

It just gives you another skin option it does not over write anything so you can go back.

Take the back your considering doing as on the other thread then install the skin if anything goes wrong then you can flash your backup.

yes, I will do a full backup first and then play with this change!

Sorry I'm asking different questions in different posts!.....

last one on the backup, if you backup to your USB, then FTP to your PC. If you wanted to restore it fully, do you flash using USB using the normal method?

yes, I will do a full backup first and then play with this change!

Sorry I'm asking different questions in different posts!.....

last one on the backup, if you backup to your USB, then FTP to your PC. If you wanted to restore it fully, do you flash using USB using the normal method?

Yes mate same method.

Does this package work on nbox 5800sx (the one with HDD)? which version of Enigma2 should be installed... sorry for that but i am fresh at this... thx in advance

Back