Rangers game tonight..

@ Kruger....

I also take offence at the 'inbred' statement.......:Angryfire

And have you also not just contradicted your statement with your avatar??

Or, as someone else has said, you either are a loyal employee of, or one of the biggest fans of, the Orange phone network???

kruger.jpg

so they are your local team?

aye each to their own etc all i'm saying is if folk supported their local team scottish football would be a lot better :)

I've handed over more cash at the gates of Clifftonville in the last 5 years than I have at Parkhead, what's your point?

Are they still at Cliftonville, on the Main road between Coatbridge and Airdrie?

Sure are mate, and the place is still falling down around us, lol

All this local teams nonsense only comes from people who support shite teams lets face it :) and they cant afford to support bigger teams :)

Only jkn, but having to support a team because its local is one lot of shite, Why do you have you to support them? does that mean if I move out the local team catchment area i need to switch sides too? Or would I qualify to support Celtic because I stayed in Cranhill when I was young ?

Supporting your team should be passed down through the generations. My Granddad supported Celtic and so did my dad. I want that connection with my son too.

But if my son turned round and said Dad i want to be a Hun, I would accept it (after kicking fck out him 1st tho ;))

Would any of the "support your local team lobby" change your team if you moved ? If so are you still supporting your local team ?

why support your local team and make yourself miserable every saturday pay the feckin bus fare and enjoy yourself.

was born in Bridgeton and my first game was at Ibrox when I was about 4 years old can still remember going on the supporters bus from Bridgeton Cross. my local team would have been Celtic but luckily enough I knew better,lol. moved to Priesthill when I was about 8 and used to walk to Ibrox and get a lift over the turnstiles even used to walk there and back when I moved to Dennistoun.

Follow Follow Your Heart not the Crowd down the street.

FF.jpg

I've handed over more cash at the gates of Clifftonville in the last 5 years than I have at Parkhead, what's your point?

lol

My point is if more folk did that then scottish fitba' wouldnt be so shite :)

i'm surrounded by Celtic fans where i stay and if i look out my window i could see fir park (if it wasnt for a bloody hill)

now roughly 85-90% of my neighbours dont go to parkhead, fs half of them don't know celtic won the bloody european cup in '67!

what i'm saying is, if the folk who "claim" to support the OF but couldnt actually name anyone in teh starting 11 from the last 10 years apart from "King Henrik" or Jorg Albertz, choose to follow their local team then each wee club could benefit from it

can you see what i mean?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Supporting your team should be passed down through the generations. My Granddad supported Celtic and so did my dad. I want that connection with my son too.
Same here but I was "born" a Rangers fan.

Follow Follow Your Heart not the Crowd down the street.

Says' it all really.

Chookey

please note i only wanted to know if the rangers game was on. check my op. its turned into a right old debate. lol. its nice to know after all the argy bargy that we still help each other. i love this place. :Clap:

I don't live in Glasgow but I do live 5.5 miles away from Celtic Park, that's closer to Celtic Park than some Glasweigian Celtic fans.

5.5 miles?

Is that via the secret tunnel?

5.5 miles?

Is that via the secret tunnel?

Google Earth it mate, that's how I got such a precise distance :)

Obviously using the crazy roads around this place it's actually more like 90 miles! :)

lol

My point is if more folk did that then scottish fitba' wouldnt be so shite :)

i'm surrounded by Celtic fans where i stay and if i look out my window i could see fir park (if it wasnt for a bloody hill)

now roughly 85-90% of my neighbours dont go to parkhead, fs half of them don't know celtic won the bloody european cup in '67!

what i'm saying is, if the folk who "claim" to support the OF but couldnt actually name anyone in teh starting 11 from the last 10 years apart from "King Henrik" or Jorg Albertz, choose to follow their local team then each wee club could benefit from it

Sure do Gav, and you speak the truth.

I think you'll find that most of these people are using the Celtic strip as a means of identity rather than any real affiliation with the club.

Living in Coatbridge, I know shit loads of people who have never set foot in Parkhead, infact they have very little interest in football at all if I'm honest, but they are always first in line to buy the new Celtic strip.

These are the same clowns you see walking around the streets singing Irish Rebel songs at 2am waking everyone up.

They're not fans, they're just twats.
:Cheers:

I think you'll find that most of these people are using the Celtic strip as a means of identity rather than any real affiliation with the club.

Living in Coatbridge, I know shit loads of people who have never set foot in Parkhead, infact they have very little interest in football at all if I'm honest, but they are always first in line to buy the new Celtic strip.

These are the same clowns you see walking around the streets singing Irish Rebel songs at 2am waking everyone up.

I know the fuckers you mean mate, We had a few on our used to come on our bus, singing rebels but didnt even has the slightest understanding of what they were singing about. One day they were singing some wolftone songs then singing "no protestants at all". So i asked " Do you know Theobald Wolftone" Puzzled looks "Do you know he was a protestant?" Wonder how many of them actually went and tried to find out after that. But you learn to deal with the **** wits who just sing the songs and wear the tops as a way of a status and not for the love of the club. I love listening to the rebels before games and getting in to the bigot mode. but thats as far as it goes. Some people just cant enjoy it for what it is and let it be after the game is over.

well witchy ive been in coatbridge many a time and i think they all share the same celtic top from 10 seasons ago .lol joke
witchy remember where you dropped off the xbox part m8
that whole area is called blue valley i hope u didnt have celtic strip on .

this thread has been pointed out to me by elkopite as being in the incorrect room
please take time to post threads in correct rooms please guys ;)

this thread has been pointed out to me by elkopite as being in the incorrect room
please take time to post threads in correct rooms please guys ;)

just to let u know rat, i started the thread as a general question about if the game was on a split screen or anything to do with the red button. it has now turned into a debate, banter and discussion about football. so i feel it was right to ask the question in general. glad its moved to football now.

just to let u know rat, i started the thread as a general question about if the game was on a split screen or anything to do with the red button. it has now turned into a debate, banter and discussion about football. so i feel it was right to ask the question in general. glad its moved to football now.

Dont take it personaly stef. Sounds like someone spat his dummy out cos one of his posts was moved lol

its cool ian, it was a general q about the tv rather than football. its a decent discussion now about footie and should be here no problems.

Back