Public emergency alerts to be sent to all UK mobile phones

That's a tad unfair to be honest.
You have no idea which comments I was referring to.

In the meantime my alert system is turned off.
If Vlad going to drop the bomb then I'd rather not know about it and go out with ignorant bliss.
Dm
Only an ostrich or a fool buries it's head in the sand. If there was to be a nuclear explosion I'd like to think that I was doing everything to minimise my exposure to the fallout in the event I was far enough away from the impact area.
The rest of your post was just anti-Government spiel which you've allowed to trump commonsense.
People can opt out by searching their device settings for emergency alerts and then turning off severe and extreme ones. Officials say the alerts could be life-saving, though, advising against switching them off.

I've disabled mine just cos I don't want to be interrupted and won't be replying to any text they send either.

To disable directly from phone, open phone app and type;

*#*#2627#*#*

Use same code to turn back on. That's it.
Took longer to type it than it would to acknowledge it when it comes

On an iPhone to turn them off go to settings notifications scroll to the bottom and you will see emergency alerts.
I don’t want to be contacted in emergency, I love the element of surprise😉

And the USA and the UK are concerned about China, Huawei and 5G tracking and monitoring.
F**k me, when you've been out shopping Google will send you ads from all the retailers stores you've been in.
Google knows more about me than the missus

It reminds me of "One man and his dog" on a Sunday, were all running abit loose and ragged and they just want to know were we all are.

On the subject of possibly been tracked by powers above,
Tap n go on the debit isn't a good idea when married. After COVID I've just got lazy as f**k with cash and got use to tap n go when out just easier and no pocket full of coins at the end of the night

I went out few weeks back. I got up rough as a skunks arse wife said:
"How many did you have to get like that !!??"
I said
"Not many I must have had a bad pint"
then she checked the bank,
and there is was for all the world to see, drink after drink and the name of every bar and a fair few of the old:
"Na I'll get them"
plus a few:-
"Here we go get that down you" (Jagerbombs all round)
Cash only next time, and I'm glad I bailed before they all went up the pole dancing bar, Jesus Christ !

And the USA and the UK are concerned about China, Huawei and 5G tracking and monitoring.
F**k me, when you've been out shopping Google will send you ads from all the retailers stores you've been in.
Google knows more about me than the missus
They have trackers in the stores that track you from shop to shop, If you look up/about you can see some of them
I forget what they are called?
I think there is a app to show you where they are :eek:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/shops-track-using-smartphone/

Last edited:
A message will appear alongside a loud alarm on millions of mobile phones across the UK at 3pm on April 23 in a nationwide test of a new public alert system. The system is intended to be used in life-threatening situations including flooding and wildfires.

The Government has released the text that will pop up on people’s home screens next Sunday. The message will be received on 4G and 5G mobile phones, along with sound and vibration for up to 10 seconds even if devices are on silent.

It will say: “This is a test of Emergency Alerts, a new UK government service that will warn you if there’s a life-threatening emergency nearby. In a real emergency, follow the instructions in the alert to keep yourself and others safe.

“Visit gov.uk/alerts for more information. This is a test. You do not need to take any action.”

Phone users will be prompted to swipe away the message or clicking “OK” on their home screen before being able to continue using their device. Drivers are advised not to look at or touch their phone until it is safe, just as when receiving any call or message.

The system is modelled on similar schemes in the US, Canada, the Netherlands and Japan. Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Oliver Dowden said: “At 3pm next Sunday we’ll be doing a nationwide test of our new Emergency Alerts system.

Back