PS3 slim disk loading issue

leestevenson1988

Inactive User
Reaction score
anybody had this and had it fixed? Read on a few places it might be the laser but wanted to check to make sure. Basically when I put the disk in it starts to spin but then after around 5 seconds it makes a noise like the disk has been inserted again and then nothing happens. Wont load any game I put in now!

Have you tried a BD movie to see if it does the same? It could be the loading mechanism that needs resetting!

anybody had this and had it fixed? Read on a few places it might be the laser but wanted to check to make sure. Basically when I put the disk in it starts to spin but then after around 5 seconds it makes a noise like the disk has been inserted again and then nothing happens. Wont load any game I put in now!

I have one doing the same thing. It only started happening after a software update, it is on 4.3.1 if anyone else has had similar issues? Any help greatly appreciated, I tried holding the on/off button for the double bleep but that didn't help.

There`s a few good vids on youtube showing you how to reset the drive mechanism.

Cheers Dave24, I will take a look.

It was my laser. I got one for £25 and fitting it was quite straightforward following a guide on utube. All is hunky dory now.

My laser dont work too, i tried with 1 movie & a lot of games..

fleebay sell them m8

BRAND NEW SLIM PS3 REPLACEMENT LASER & DECK

This laser is for the Slim PS3 consoles only.

Please note that there are 2 types of laser for the slim, there is the 450A and the 450DAA.

Your old deck will have the number written on it that you require.

£24.99 free P&P

fleebay sell them m8

BRAND NEW SLIM PS3 REPLACEMENT LASER & DECK

This laser is for the Slim PS3 consoles only.

Please note that there are 2 types of laser for the slim, there is the 450A and the 450DAA.

Your old deck will have the number written on it that you require.

£24.99 free P&P

Will take a look, cheers

Back