Problems with Video Card

G

grebber

I have just bought a new Pc with a video card on the motherboard. After setting up windows my monitor only displays 16 colours. So I tried to install the motherboard video drivers but after the windows restart I get a message saying viagart.cat (driver is the via 4 in 1 driver) not found insert cd but when i do this i get a message saying viagart.cat not found on cd.
Where can I get a copy of this file??

Hi M8

The best way is to go to the manufacturers web site and download the latest driver pack. Also it would be an idea if you bought it from a local shop pop back in and ask there advice..

It would help if you told us what board you have ie manufacturer, model. otherwise its like the needle in a haystack..

Usually you find all the drivers are on the cd supplied with the board, some of the front ends dont always work, so if you browse the cd you can run drivers installations manually, ie udma, gart drivers..

Its a must with the via board to install the drivers for the system functions to work, usually they are all in the same folder..

Hope this gives you some help....

you have to install the correct drivers from the via cd ..the problem is that the cd might be for ten or more types of via motherboards,the quickest way to find out yous is to watch the screen during startup.at the top of the screen it will display the motherboard type for a few seconds,to hold this press the pause key and take a note of the m/board type,start windows then install the correct driver and everything should be ok

You dont need to know what board you have as the Via patch will autodetect what drivers it needs to install. You need to go to www.via.com.tw and in the drivers section you will find Via 4in1 ver 4.32 (latest version). Just download this and run it on your system. Anybody with a Via based board can run these drivers as it has updated support for all boards. Tick all of the boxses when prompted and enable DMA and install the AGP driver as normal not turbo. When the system resets afterwards if you get the same problem "ie missing files" just point windows to the folder where you downloaded the drivers to....should just pick it up and finish the install. After you have installed this I suggest you reinstall the graphics driver from your CD :p

Back