Please help before i go mad!!!!!

KeefG

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hucknall, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
I posted not so long back about my daughter accidentally updating her DSi to 1.4.3 and since then her R4i wouldnt work, anyway, I bought her a new R4i that allegedly worked out of the box on 1.4.3 but this isnt the case, when I put the new card in it stays stuck on 'loading'

I contacted the website I got the card from and they confirmed the card should work on 1.4.3 and sent me instructions to use the 'special patch' which mentioned using another console, so i've now got hold of a DS Lite (not sure what its running but it has a working R4i in it) but the instructions i've been given are crap and i'm close to smashing the shite out of the consoles, instructions are as follows:

You should get a NDS Lite console(borrow one from others if you don't have one) and one any other flashcard(called "A" -like R4, TT, AK2, M3 or SupperDS two..)), which works properly on NDSL.

1.Download the latest WOOD R4 firmware from R4iDS Official ? R4i gold Revolution For 3DS,DS,DSL,DSi V1.4.3 - R4i Gold 3DS and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card;
2.Copy Patch_R4iGold3DS_xmas_NDSL.nds to your tf card;
3.Just power your NDSL on and boot up Patch_R4iGold3DS_xmas_NDSL.nds with "A" card;
4.Take "A" card out of the NDSL;
5.Reinsert your broken R4i Gold 3DS card into the NDSL;
6.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin;
7.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process;
8.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4i Gold 3DS successfully and this card can work on DSi V1.4.3 and 3DS V2.2.0-4 and V3.0.0-5;

None of the above really makes sense to be honest, how can i power my NDSL on and boot up the patch with the other R4 card when the patch isnt on that card??? no matter what I try I still get stuck at loading.

So I now have a DSi on 1.4.3, a DS Lite on unknown, 2 x R4i cards that dont work in either console (these are the 2 i've bought) and an R4i that works in the DS Lite.....can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how i can get one of these bloody R4i's to work on the DSi?

Thanks folks.

what website did you get this info off?

what icon does the new cards show up as on the dsi console?

Last edited:
backup and delete everything off your microsd card or use a spare microsd card if you have one.

download the woods firmware, extract the files then copy the _rpg folder and DSMENU.DAT file onto root of sd card.
ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]/Wood_R4iGold_V1.44.rar

then add any ds game and test the new cards in the dslite , then the dsi.

post back if card works on either of the consoles.

also check the web address on the card is exactly the same as the web address on the link you posted in post 1.

Last edited:
The card doesnt work in either console, the icon is the same in the DS Lite as it is on the DSi (the angel wings), interestingly, if i put the sd card in the other R4i i have, the icon is different, i get Chessmaster or something but thats the card that gives the error on the DSi to turn the power off etc.

The url on the card is R4iDS Official ? R4i gold Revolution For 3DS,DS,DSL,DSi V1.4.3 - R4i Gold 3DS

now i am confused lol.

on a dslite, the card should just run.
its defo a dslite?

you havnt got a dsixl and a dsi maybe?

back to the drawing board then lol.

delete everything off your sd card again.

then download this file View attachment firmware.rar
extract
open the folder
then copy the various files and folders to your sd card then test in both consoles again....

no,
these cards should work on any dslite.
that is the correct firmware for that card, only thing i can suggest is formtting sd card or trying a diffrent sd card altogether...

Nope, still the same (i have 2 x sd cards)

The 1st R4i card i have (R4i-GOLD Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS) shows up as chessmaster on the dslite, when i click on it an icon of an sd card comes on with 'menu?', the 2nd R4i i've just bought still has the same angel wings icon and is stuck on loading.

I have a feeling the original R4i that shows chessmaster may be useable but i may have the wrong drivers/firmware for it?

the card that shows up as chessmaster, can you post a picture of the card?

the reason i am asking is that there are alot of diffrent r4i/r4iclone cards around.
need to know exactly which card it is...

if you cant post a picture, then give a full description of what is printed on the box and packaging...

to the best of my knowledge this card cannot be updated to work on a 1.4.3 dsi.

format your sd card (fat32)
download your firmware and extract files.

then copy the various files/folders to root of sd card so that they appear like this.

Capture.JPG

then try it on your dslite.

Last edited:
Back