Pace box shows letter F on front?

Goosh

Inactive User
Reaction score
A while ago the box showed all the 8s on the front and after being heated with a hairdryer it worked fine again. It recently went to all the 8s again and then a single 8 but now it's just showing the letter F.

Lol I hope it doesn't stand for the obvious.

Anyone know what this would mean?

Thanks

A while ago the box showed all the 8s on the front and after being heated with a hairdryer it worked fine again. It recently went to all the 8s again and then a single 8 but now it's just showing the letter F.

Thanks

you said it m8 Fcuked lol :banana:

Thanks
...why heat it with a hair dryer ?......has it had some water damage ?...if so thats the problem then....water damaged..

Yeah I seen a lot of posts advising people to heat the board up so I did and it worked. Not now though it is well and truly fubared but I managed to get my hands on a spare box so problem solved :BLOBBY:

When you get these random displays on the LED its simply because the processor has crashed before its initialised the display to something intelligent. The 8888 is due to no initialisation whatsoever - the processor has crashed almost instantly. The 'F' (or pretty much any other random display) means the processor managed a small amount of work before crashing.

Mostly, crashes are due to the processor failing to copy a useful program from flash to working RAM. This is often because one of the address/data lines on the flash is not connected properly. Its usually cured be re-soldering the flash chips properly !

Back