Openbox/Skybox Latest Updates (S9 & S10) November/December 2011

This FW seems to have eliminated by glitching issues. Been over a week now and I haven't had a glitching problem even on the channels hitherto most glitch-prone.
Thanks, Exos!

ok first a big thank you to Exos for the firmware

having put HD_OPENBOXS10(2011-11-22)rar on my box i must say the HD pickture has been spoton were as with the older firmwee there was a little bit a drake up not a lot the record is ok and the pause live tv works ok now im only new to this box as im testing it for someone but i find it a lot harder then befor to save new scaned channels to favs with the older f/w it was quite easy do a scan the new channels would be there when u exit you could then just and them move them in to place deleate the old one and so on with a little pickture in the top rite as yet ive not been able to do it with the remolt with the new f/w so i did it on the pc the one thing i will say is the last f/w said skybox were as this one says openbox so can anyone till me that has used hds2_skybox-s10-2011-12 is it the same for navagasionas older f/w thats all lads cheers tony

Got hold of a s10 to have a play with. Fairly easy to get a channel list and softcam config across.
Used the latest channel list from this thread, it hasn't changed the names of my favourites categories though... From what, I've seen picture quality is not bad....but OS and menus are pretty crap and basic... Maybe I've been using proper Linux Recievers for too long...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Sometimes you have to rename the favs yourself.
If using on fixed 28.2e there are ch lists around with sly numbering and all favs sorted.
Menu is poor but very cheap reliable stb.
Does softcams/biss/dcw keys.
Pause live tv etc so good value for money.

I will have an updated channel list soon (if I can get a few hours or more this weekend), just haven't had time to update it.

Last edited:
I been testing an unofficial firmware by anonymousSX over the weekend good firmware but unstable on certain channels. I.e. movies premiere softcam crashes every few mins requiring reboot to fix.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Reverting back to the previous firmware seems to have fixed the softcam crashing issues. Renamed the favourites manually. I still need to tweak the channel listings to get them right for my liking.
Seem like ok boxes for basic TV watching. Anyone who is used to enigma, based Linux Recievers will find these to be a major step down though...
The OS is more basic and crap than even old e1 boxes like DM500. But pic quality is ok, no glitches on HD Content runs softcam and shares without problems...easy to flash firmware and backup existing firmware etc. Haven't tested pvr yet but for 60 quid these are good beginner recievers.
There are some annoying niggles though, like not being able to see the full channel name in the channel listings.

Last edited:
Can't take credit for this as I really don't have time to sit in front of my box with the empty channels and changed frequencies, but updated channel list is attached. This should work fine with the S9.

Fav Group 1 - Entertainment
Fav Group 2 - Movies
Fav Group 3 - Sport
Fav Group 4 - Music
Fav Group 5 - Documentaries
Fav Group 6 - Kids
Fav Group 7 - Lifestyle
Fav Group 8 - News
Fav Group 9 - Box Office
Fav Group 10 - Shopping
Fav Group 11 - Adult
Fav Group 12 - Asian
Fav Group 13 - HD

Attachments

• Openbox Channels TP_Prog.dbs_09-03-12.zip
    98.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Can't take credit for this as I really don't have time to sit in front of my box with the empty channels and changed frequencies, but updated channel list is attached. This should work fine with the S9.

Fav Group 2 - Movies
Fav Group 3 - Sport
Fav Group 4 - Music
Fav Group 6 - Kids
Fav Group 7 - Lifestyle
Fav Group 8 - News
Fav Group 9 - Box Office
Fav Group 10 - Shopping
Fav Group 11 - Adult
Fav Group 12 - Asian
Fav Group 13 - HD
do these channel lists work with the s11 as im thinking about buying 1! or is it best to buy an s9!

get the s9 or s10 if you dont need a scart socket all s11/s12's are clones and not worth the saving

edogg

Are the S11 Clones cause there is people selling them and stating there geniune with chip numbers ect on fleabay. Thinking of buying one thats all.

clones non are made by the original S9/S10 manufacturer

edogg

do these channel lists work with the s11 as im thinking about buying 1! or is it best to buy an s9!

I would think so as from what I know the interface is based on the same code, but I can't really test this as I don't have an S11.

List updated.

Fav Group 2 - Movies
Fav Group 3 - Sport
Fav Group 4 - Music
Fav Group 6 - Kids
Fav Group 7 - Lifestyle
Fav Group 8 - News
Fav Group 9 - Box Office
Fav Group 10 - Shopping
Fav Group 11 - Adult