OpenATV 4.2 cable EPG zapping problem

I have generally not had any issues performing online updates for his images on the DM800. I dont have an 800HD SE and have only ever performed updates without issue a few times. I have quoted what GJStroom has said with regards to online updates, if people want to discourage others from performing updates, then thats fine too. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.
I can't speak about 800 but I know the 800HD SE using his latest build just puts my box into a constant reboot loop which I left for a while to no avail. I tried flashing again and doing an update without any customising or additions and again got same booting loop.

His daily builds seem to have stopped at 24/08/2014 for OpenATV 4.2. I have posted on his forum.
I can't register on his forum getting error (eventually) about failing to retrieve data from their severs, try again later.

openatv images were never daily releases

openpli on the other hand are

GjStroom responded on his forum.

The problem is, there's not enough memory available. During the update process the box runs out of memory.
You can do a update in a telnet console with some additional settings:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

/media/usb is used as temporary storage device for downloading the updates and recommended packages are NOT installed.
You need to install a enigma-locale file (language) after the update otherwise the box also doesn't boot (missing /usr/share/enigma2/po directory).

This works. I just updated my box, installed with a fresh 20140824 image.

Thanks for taking the trouble to find that out. At least we know why. As I got ABM working I'm going to leave it as it is especially as that option doesn't install recommended packages and I don't know what they are.

Back