Not getting all channels

fermec

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi There

I have fitted a sky dish without a sat finder, I have pointed it in the general direction of the neighbours dish and with a lot of Patience and fine tuning useing the dreambox 500s settings I have got it to lock onto Astra 2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 1 (28.2E).

SNR = 82 on itv
BER = 0 to 500

I have played with the dish to get the best SNR and BER and also set the skew on the LNB to 7oclock but Im not getting all the channels.

I do get the movie channels and sports channels and bbc, itv, channel4, 5 ok but there are a lot of channels missing.

I do think I have got the best signal I could get.

If anyone has any ideas how to get the rest of the channels that would be great.

Cheers

Fermec

I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure ber should be 0. SNR on ITV using my TM600 is 89% but that may well differ between receivers

Thanks for the reply Mark

I have heard the SNR can be around 60ish and be ok, I am getting good pictures on most channels more4 and more4+1 glitch like mad.

I dont get Universal or Universal+1 dont get MUTV but when I disconnect the box and connect it to my friends dish it picks everything up, when I put his box on my dish it just picks the same channels up as mine.

So the process of elimination means this must be somthing to do with the dish, I might buy a new LNB as this dish was given to me and not sure of the condition of the LNB think the dish is a mrk 2 or 3.

Back