Mobile Phones Nokia 5230 TouchScreen Not working

ju_

Inactive User
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help? Having a problem with my Nokia 5230 touchscreen. It has been playing up for a few days with the media menu just popping up at random and then going away. This could happen a couple of times a second for say 10 - 20 mins and then be alright and it would stop. Anyway today the phone did the same thing and now after a switch off and switch on the touch screen does not work at all?
I have tried a reset by pressing the green red and camera buttons but that did not make a difference.
The phone is working as I have backed up the phone with Nokia Tools just no touch screen working. (So usb connection working)

Oh re-uploaded firware again, nothing changed.

I have a feeling this might be a hardware failure?

Anyone that might be able to suggest anything or anyone might suggest a cheap 5800 sim free or locked to three(3)?

(Keeping an eye on ebay as well for 5800)

Thankyou for any help or suggestions

Thanks to everyone that had a quick look at the thread.

The 5230 is going to the parts draw and I should receive a second hand 5800 on 3 in the next couple of days.

17 quid @ fonebank for your broken 5230 , maybe more if you shop around. Sorry never noticed your thread earlier but it does sound like a hardware problem. If the lcd screen displays ok probably (imho) the digitizer or wee ribbon cable is bad but I've never worked on one so I'm guessing (fixed a few N95 8gb & 5800's though).
HH.

HappyH

Thanks for the reply. I must admit (even though I am not technical on phones) looking around I thought it might be the digitizer or ribbon cable or perhaps the small touch button that accesses the media menu, that could be faulty.

Thanks for the info about fonebank.

Ju

Back