No channels coming through after list update

LewHand

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I put a Dm800 in on OpenPLI for a friend of mine who lives in Spain on 28.2E and he said that he was slowly losing channels like usual.

He did not have a laptop handy to use Dreambox edit on so I teamviewer'd onto his tablet and using a FTP client I loaded the new Bouquet files into /etc/enigma2.

After restarting the channel list loaded fine but every channel was saying check Tuner Configuration.

When he checked it looks like the Satellites.xml had been wiped out as there was no options to select a Satellite. This was weird as the Satellites.Xml is loaded in /etc/tuxbox.

So I loaded a new one in, tuner config come up fine and then done a manual scan which finds 700 channels which looked ok.

However when trying channels now only Chanel 4 and BBC 3 come through.

I've tried multiple satellite xml backups and generated a new but the same as well as trying different bouquets.

Any ideas on what else to try as that's all I can think of. Do you think it may be worth try long a factory reset and starting fresh?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

I put a Dm800 in on OpenPLI for a friend of mine who lives in Spain on 28.2E and he said that he was slowly losing channels like usual.

He did not have a laptop handy to use Dreambox edit on so I teamviewer'd onto his tablet and using a FTP client I loaded the new Bouquet files into /etc/enigma2.

After restarting the channel list loaded fine but every channel was saying check Tuner Configuration.

When he checked it looks like the Satellites.xml had been wiped out as there was no options to select a Satellite. This was weird as the Satellites.Xml is loaded in /etc/tuxbox.

So I loaded a new one in, tuner config come up fine and then done a manual scan which finds 700 channels which looked ok.

However when trying channels now only Chanel 4 and BBC 3 come through.

I've tried multiple satellite xml backups and generated a new but the same as well as trying different bouquets.

Any ideas on what else to try as that's all I can think of. Do you think it may be worth try long a factory reset and starting fresh?

Thanks in advance
If its just 28e teamviewer Rats Bouquets in for him but dont ftp that can cause issues load the settings with DBE or Dreamset.

Check tuner settings under menu-setup-service searching tuner config.

Will try Rat Bouquet tonight.

Tuner config is:
Configuration
0%20-%20unsure.gif
imple
Mode: Single
Satellite:Astray 2a/2C/2e/2f Eutelsat 28a (28.2e)

Send Diseqc on satellite change:no

Manual Scan setup:
TunerDVB-S2
Type of Scan Single Satellite:Astra 2a/2C/2e/2f Eutelsat 28a (28.2e)
Network Scan:No
Clear before Scan:No
Only free scan:no

settings should be ok

This is weird, Bouqet did not work so went for Factory reset and started fresh but still nothing

Here's what I did.

1) FTP onto box and deleted satellites.xml in /etc/tuxbox

2)loaded Rats bouquet into DBE then uploaded to box.

3)Rebooted box and tried FTA channel but nothing.

4) Rescanned using steps mentioned above. Confirmed it picked up 600 channels on 28.2e.

5) Still didn't work so performed factory reset.

6) Run through basic setup wizard.

7) Re-performed steps 1-4.

If I was there I would have just re-flashed the image by now.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

So it scans in 600 channels but even the FTA stuff does not show on screen.

If you press the ok button twice to bring up signal strength on the skin are you seeing a signal ?

No FTA shows either just says check Tuner Configuration but what I'm using above us definitely right isn't it?

Will have to confirm signal strength when I next speak to him although satellite hasn't been touched and the weather is good

No FTA shows either just says check Tuner Configuration but what I'm using above us definitely right isn't it?

Will have to confirm signal strength when I next speak to him although satellite hasn't been touched and the weather is good

Yeah its right im just wondering though some images use 28.2 some use 28.4 as the orbital position and you need a compatible list and satellite.xml or you will get the tuner config message.

Yeah its right im just wondering though some images use 28.2 some use 28.4 as the orbital position and you need a compatible list and satellite.xml or you will get the tuner config message.

How can I confirm what it's looking for?

Factory reset

Send in a satelite.xml and scan with it if channels dont show and you get the tuner config message check what the satellite.xml is using 28.2 or 28.4 and then use an xml with the opposite and rescan.

Just checked the xml in Rats bouquet which I'm now using and it's 28.2
</sat>
<sat name="Astra 2A/2C/2E/2F/Eutelsat 28A (28.2E)" flags="0" position="282">

I will have a look to see if I can find a 28.4 or do you have one?

Thanks for your help on this by the way :)

Just thinking about this how old is the OpenPLI image ? I ask because the 28.4 slot is no more and the image would have to be an old one to use that position.

Don't think it's anymore than 2 years old it's an e-star dm800 se can't remember what ssl

It will be the same as I loaded that in myself from rat bouquet

Guess you've ran out of ideas apart from reflashing it?

Back