New SVN TM800, plus a 'request'

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
The new SVN login details should be available by tuesday evening at the latest

this was the list of things sent to iQ to get sorted out, i did point out that youtube and iPlayer were nothing to do with the image itself

Need auto picture format

1-In any HD channels when SD pitur is showing will not do picture format auto or manual ,when picture back to HD is OK but when back to SD transmission in same channel picture is small please fix
===============================
2-Channel change with fast zapping should be same as marcsys vu+ this means next picture freeze for one second then goes to video
3-press info bar then by using arrow right and arrow left should see next channel then press ok to open channel
this is ok in dream box not in tm800
4-vol left and vol right is not working please fix
5-sound in HD channel as you watching decreasing lower and lower after few 30 minutes or more sd channels are ok
6-add utub/BBC I player as many users want them
7-in password setting please add option of if user want to thick ppanel include or not
8-time shift
9-multimedia trick mode ff/rew/ pause etc.and remaining files to fix
10-streaming
11-SVN to be open soon
12-Sata internal

as you can tell, i didnt write it lol

but, now for the request, and some input from admin, especially mick would be a big help

in August, What satellite magazine will be reviewing the TM800, i dont know if that means reviewing it in august for the september magazine, or reviewing it in the next few weeks for the august magazine, i think its for the august mag, but anyway, during some VERY long phonecalls, ive been asked if i could produce an image like the last few DW releases to send to wotsat to review the receiver with

however, this is a double edged sword

ideally, to create the best image, needs to be done at SVN level, and looking at the last 3 images, i could get one done once ive downloaded the SVN in a couple of hours, this is one thing thats guaranteed the SVN will be open by tuesday evening, Richard is going away for 10 days on wednesday morning

Now things are finally moving in the right direction, ill take a look at everything again, i know itll be in the same sort of state as when it was UR, as i know iQ are also creating images for other receivers that UR team was creating images for, but, these other receivers have also had a lot of things sorted out in the last 2 weeks as well, and if it is all laid out the same as the UR SVN, ill know my way round it straight off

Why i want some input from admin though, is that wotsat will be testing and reviewing the receiver, based on the image they load onto it (a BIG risk if you ask me lol) now i can make the image, with all of the usual DW EPG goodies and fixes, but, as ive read wotsat for so many years, i also know that thisll be the FIRST time theyve had a receiver that has a full EPG thats not an official receiver straight from the flashing, which has also been commented on with all other receivers.

wotsat goes out all over europe, and has quite a big following in the UK, so if i DW brand this image like i have with all the others, itll possibly have quite a large influx of new members who google 'digitalworldz' as wotsat generally also give credit to the image makers whose images they use on their test receivers

Is something that admin would want? I'd like to DW-ise the image for the magazine, but i know that in the past when quite big 'publicity' things have had a chance theyve generally been shyed away from. please have a think / discussion about the possible benefits of lots of new members to the sat sections, or the possible implications of suddenly everyone wondering who DW actually are and maybe looking into things

I do not have a problem with it digi, feel free to brand the image for DW.

It's quite an honor to be honest, and all the image makers, coders, testers should be proud of the work you all do.

Nice one

Mick

Cheers mick, i wasnt too sure as i remember about 6 or 7 years ago, id done a big install for the member Bert-1, and it was one of the first in the UK with a certain type of multisat dish. wotsat had gotten wind of it, and was going to do a feature about it, and link to what i think was then WoD before the split, as that was where all of the online discussion about his system was (itll all still be here somewhere id imagine) but when i said about it in the mods room, admin decided that the sort of exposure itd give the site could be a bad thing, but, that was also in the cable days, and i think it was also before glen split off as well for DK, so in the end i had to tell wotsat that they didnt have all the required permissions to run the feature

off the back of that, i didnt know what to do about this latest thing. I know wotsat do visit DW (or at least i know they used to) but they always seem to stick to the 'safe' sponsored sites, but recently (this month) even WoS got a small mention

i know ive got nowhere near the knowledge of some members here (ellie, ossy, fdlsys, jimux, and more) but id love to be able to put DW 'on the map' in the non internet based satellite world, especially via a medium like wotsat

If we do get a big influx we have to make sure the users treat them nice.

In the cable days people would come because of the dw branding and newbies would get slated, We will need to be a bit more lenient with post clockers as what they will want is files and they get them by clocking.

When I started I paid £15 (1 year sub) so I could download a dbox2 image, I didn't want to make 10 posts when I knew sfa about anything, but people don't have that option now so they need to get their posts up quickly and that will be by posting sh!te to get their counts up.

I generally get the wotsat magazine about 4 days to a week before it goes on public sale, so should be able to give some advance notification. Depending on what files people want and for which receivers, as i think only softcam files are hosted in the one thread on DW now, just about everything else is linked externally

just tried it, and still not up. i know richards now away for nearly 2 weeks, and i was expecting an email direct from iQ or whoever they are with access details, i can contact richard so ill send him a little nudge

the SVN is up n running, but at a new address, and also the majority of login details no longer work. i had to trawl through month and month worth of emails to find the admin login details that i was given, and these have allowed me to connect and download a fileset, which has been running for about the last hour

i have asked for normal login details as well

iQ SVN Rev # 20 checked out :) no changelog though, still the same one from UR dated 02/11

will start playing this afternoon, and as soon as i have normal login details will post them up

I got an email saying login was the same as last time, whats changed ?

Richard has told John that the cvs is available which means he is lying again so i'm going to wait a couple of days then slag them off in the forum.

Richard is a bullsh!tting cnut.

Unless ur/iq are lying to him again.

the svn has been updated this afternoon, now on revision 29. i cannot easily make a DW one though without destroying the changes i made on the last one, but will sort after the weekend

2011-07-13
- updated rootfs-overlayfiles fixed audio encoding problem
- modified media player interface and bugs with pause in the playlist
- modified front usb info

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

i 'think' changes i made to my local copy of the source may have taken, as i also edited build scripts, and created my own archive. i backed up the entire rootfs folder with all of my changes already implemented, but am just compiling from the updated source, and can see that my archive was also unpacked into the build :proud:

ill have to recompile to sort out the fastzap etc that i did in v2 of the last image, but this is just a rough compile to see what i have to add / change before releasing

Back