Navman 610

black_arab

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been using a Navman 610 in my local area now for over a year with no problems. I recently travelled to Scotland, which is pre-loaded on the Navman, and once past Carlisle the machine went completely tits up.

I only started using it about 20 miles into my journey from Carlisle (I started at Bristol by the way). I pulled into the services for a break and the car on the my Navman kept moving. At first I took no notice but when the voice said at the roundabout take the next left, I knew something was wrong.

I turned off, removed the maps memory card and tried again but the car on the screen was about 1 mile ahead of where I was. I continued on my journey and it was telling me to do all sorts at junctions and roundabouts that were not even there as I was still on a very long motorway. In the end when it finally said "you have reached your destination", I was over 12 miles out.

I contacted Navman who have never replied to me and I am stumped.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or hopefully I am warning anyone who was thinking of purchasing one to try and check if the one you want has got the postcodes you need. In saying that my Navman had the correct postcode but took me nowhere near where I wanted to go.

Sounds like you had your Navman set to preview the journey. As soon as you set the route it would take you through the route with no stopping. That's probably why it was in front of you. Go into your settings and untick the preview route option.

Back