nand x,jtag and updates?

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
right so i sold a xenon jtag to somebody with no hard drive,i tried explaining things to them,but the insisted they were happy they knew what they were doing.
anyway 2 days later they have brought it back to me,telling me it just doesnt boot.
after lots of round the houses it seems they took a microsoft update(i hadnt removed the resistor gotten too used to rgh)now i thought that if you did that,then jtag was lost but could flash original nand back for stock.
i sat trying to sort it but i cannot read/write the nand.

the guy insisted everything was asking for updates and says he didnt take the ms update.

but he also mentioned there was a message saying update couldnt complete because there was no hard drive(this tells me its started update but couldnt add kinect and avatar stuff)

anyway is there any reason this would stop me writing the original nand back proper blagging me is this,tried allsorts to read/write all it lets me do it erase what can i do to sort it,or is it borked?????/

What error are you getting when trying to write the nand back?.

As he has taken the update the LDV would have changed , so you could try changing the LDV of the original nand dump in jrunner , up it by 1 and try.

i get a right mixture,either wrong version,wrong header,failed to write,and flash controller shows as either fffffffff or 00000000, when i got it back it just sat doing nothing upon boot just green light no errors,after fiddling and doing the bad flash recovery(shorting nand)i now get fast fans and 2 red lights,ive all the original files still.ive never had this much trouble getting any kind ofbread from one,and ive 2 nandx and a jrunner programmer and seperate wires to rule hardwar failure.ive a slim to do for a friend once i get chip but in gunna dump nand to male sure the gears/drivers are ok

EDIT it wouldn't let me read either would the ld make a difference to that?

Last edited:
When you get ffffff or 000000 , try unplugging the xbox psu and plugging back in and try the reset switch on the nand-x/jrprogrammer , i get it now and again and doing that sorts it.

Ive already tried cheers,ill post a jrunner log when i get home,was hoping i could at least return it to stock.would the ldlevel make ant difference?

Gah ,was hoping it was something simple i was overlooking,even dodgy soldering .im at a loss here though thanks dave

Could still be dodgy soldering on the nand points , do they look good? , you could just touch them up with a bit of solder and flux.

Gah ,was hoping it was something simple i was overlooking,even dodgy soldering .im at a loss here though thanks dave

Spotless from what i can tell,but i will clean up and try again later,i am right in thinking even if it got rrod i should still be able read/write the nand .only action that seems to complete sucessfully in jrunner is erase

Yes i`m pretty sure you should still be able to read/write to the nand.

Spotless from what i can tell,but i will clean up and try again later,i am right in thinking even if it got rrod i should still be able read/write the nand .only action that seems to complete sucessfully in jrunner is erase

If the soldering is out of the question then it will be one of the two, either a faulty NAND-X or Southbridge problem. To eliminate the NAND-X, try using it to read the NAND of another console.

right jrunner log from trying to read

===================================================
07 January 2014 13:12:18

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (4) Started

WARNING! - Your selected working directory already contains files!
You can view these files by using 'Show Working Folder' Button

Filechecks disabled - No Filechecks carried out
Checking Console..
Version: 03
Flash Config: 0xFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF
Checking Console..
FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF
Xenon Manually Selected
Reading Nand to E:\modding related\J-Runner v02 (275) Core Pack\J-Runner v02 (275) Core Pack\output\output\nanddump1.bin
Wrong Version.

THIS IS TRYING TO WRITE STOCK BACK TO IT
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Xenon
Jtag Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Retail Selected
Version: 00
Wrong Version.
(using a nandx thats been spot on)

just tried jrunner programmer and after showing up correctly i reset it as gave me error(as suggested earlier)and now it just shows as bootloader 1.04?

just tried on the slim getting Flash Config: 0xFFFFFFFF
IoTimedOut

IoTimedOut:No more bytes!
FFFFFFFF
now?

Last edited:
IM going to borrow a nand x to rule that out as im getting similar problems reading a trinity,

well got another nand x,dumped trinity fine,tried again with xenon stiff fffffff and failed to write

Back