N*T*L Home200 rev2

Is the cable the same for the NTl 200 as for the 120?
Im having same probs, got the IC from malpins, made up the cable, modem is working fine as it's my subbed one, but i just wanna read it.

I can stop the modem from booting but dont see data in Hyperterminal window.
what else do you recommend?

Dont worry, I realised the cable must be same for both modems, as the pin out is in the same order (doh!) i can such a noob sometimes....im gonna try a different PC tomorrow to see if it works on that.

try getting your header the right way round.. and if ur getting problems with the modem not read.. try making sure your cable connection is on..

if it starts reading then stops try insulating the capacator (the one with long legs)as it is there to filter the rs233 or rs232 because if it gets sprogs from the current it will intrupt the reading or stop it from reading.

yamaha said:
if it starts reading then stops try insulating the capacator (the one with long legs)as it is there to filter the rs233 or rs232 because if it gets sprogs from the current it will intrupt the reading or stop it from reading.

Still no joy with my cabel whatosever.

Looking at your post above seems to suggest the rs233 IC requires a capacitor?
In my diagram it doesn't.

does someone have a diagram i can check with my cable?

Regards

Just look up the datasheet fot the MAX232 and 233, campare with your build.

i had many problems with the max232 chip, I know many have got it to work but i tried 3 232's with no luck then i read on here in another post to try the 3232 which i did with 4 0.01uf (not normal electrolytical 1's, Little square non polarised 1's) and it worked 1'st time.
dont know why, Is your pc new????.

mines a Max233CPP, not 232, no joy. My pc is about 3-4 years old.
Dell Dimension 4300, P4, 2Ghz.
Running Win XP, SP2.

g3o said:
i had many problems with the max232 chip, I know many have got it to work but i tried 3 232's with no luck then i read on here in another post to try the 3232 which i did with 4 0.01uf (not normal electrolytical 1's, Little square non polarised 1's) and it worked 1'st time.
dont know why, Is your pc new????.

Your right m8, the 232 with 4 caps, and straight in!
I can't belive it! HT is working....now the tute on what to do next!

I am just starting and need to learn a lot more but been wondering where can I get the max232 burner or parts to make it. anyone?

Cheers Sean

seanchai said:
I am just starting and need to learn a lot more but been wondering where can I get the max232 burner or parts to make it. anyone?

Cheers Sean
Sean try doing a forum search, include the words you've already mentioned ie: max232 and variations like 232 interface, hyper terminal, cable modem, you got the idea ? have a good search, everything you need is there m8 ;)

Bronto said:
Sean try doing a forum search, include the words you've already mentioned ie: max232 and variations like 232 interface, hyper terminal, cable modem, you got the idea ? have a good search, everything you need is there m8 ;)
cheers Bronto

Back