###myservices.xml Is very Important READ THIS

So, just to confirm for me.... Can I copy the services.xml file and rename it myservices then edit that with notepad or similar, then reboot?
Do I have to remove the original services file?

This is a great tip, Cheers!

If you are adding a channel to the myservices.xml file, you need to add an action statement to tell it what you want it to do.

For example...

If you delete an adult channel and have auto scanning running, it will bring it back! If you want to keep the channel deleted, you need to add a 'remove' action to the channel, i.e.

<channel action="remove" service_id="041b" name="The Adult Channel" service_type="01"/>

For example...

If you have a low signal and every time you do a scan, you don't get Sky One. But, if you manually add the channel data to your services file, you get it ok. But every time the auto scanning runs, it doesn't see it and removes it from your services file. So you need to add an 'add' statement to the channel, i.e.

<channel action="add" service_id="0011" name="Sky One" service_type="01"/>

You don't remove the services.xml file. Myservices.xml is used in addition with the services.xml file.

hi m8

does it kill the channel if your scanning again as myservices.xml does that as well

cheers
hi yido
iv been using the same myservices for months in different images the only one i noticed any problems with was an old sportster(did not load them in to bouquet) but most images work good i just upload bouquets and myservices and scan.
cheers johny48

ok

in services.xml you will see your channels like

<channel service_id="012d" name="SMComedyHid" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="012e" name="SMActionHid" service_type="01"/>

and to change to show on screen from

SMComedyHid
SMActionHid

to

Movies Comedy
Movies Action

you will need to change it in myservices.xml so it looks like the following;

<channel service_id="012d" action="replace" name="Movies Comedy" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="012e" action="replace" name="Movies Action" service_type="01"/>

its not really hard to do but start the box and you will see a big difference its a temp fix until the uk modders sort it out for the perm fix

hope it helps

cheers

the way i removed the rubbish channels was put them in a massive bouquet and made it hidden\locked... this way is alot more tidy thanks

thats what i have been doing too...but this xml editing is gr8..been at it for 2 hours now with great results...
thanks all
ps the rename xml is brilliant...because i have a couple of GOOD channels called other NVOD...now they are named correctly...yipeee

myservices.xml
all channels in this file will not be altered no matter what scan you perform they will stay there forever lol well kind off

the following is an example only and bold parts is to show you

Add
is to add a channel with or without a scan it will stay there

<channel action="add" name="teleport 1" service_id="00d4" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="teleport 2" service_id="00da" service_type="01" />

Replace
is to Rename a channel

<channel action="replace" service_id="0011" name="sky action" service_type="01" />
<channel action="replace" service_id="0015" name="sky comedy" service_type="01" />

Remove
is to remove a channel

<channel action="remove" service_id="2261" name="sky sports news" service_type="01"/>
<channel action="remove" service_id="2262" name="playboy" service_type="01"/>

hope this enlightens you a bit more on this magic little file that i use all the time

Last edited:
...but this xml editing is gr8..been at it for 2 hours now ...

I use bouquet wizard, it allows all this editing in seconds (not 2 hours!!! ;-> )

And I create a hidden bouquet too, tidies everything up and I create an EPG bouquet for the movies EPG channels and another for the HID channels then I use Bouquet wizard to rename the HID channels to something more sensible.

But in answer to my own statement above, this is fine if you don't have automatic scanning on, if you do then the unwanted channels will re-appear so myservices is THE way to go!

Thanks to all who contributed here, NOW I understand!!

Last edited:
Hi there is there anyone who can write a step by step guide of this ?

I don't know how to get this services file.

I have DW image(enigma) on dreambox 500c and i'd like to get rid of certain channels forever. If this cant be done ont his image hwat is the alternative?

id be appreciative if some one can tell me what program to use to get these files

Last edited:

Add

Replace
is to Rename a channel

<channel action="replace" service_id="0011" name="sky action" service_type="01" />
<channel action="replace" service_id="0015" name="sky comedy" service_type="01" />

Remove
is to remove a channel

<channel action="remove" service_id="2261" name="sky sports news" service_type="01"/>

hope this enlightens you a bit more on this magic little file that i use all the time

cheers

hi thanks for that but how do i gain access to this services file? and what program do i use to gain access ?

The myservices.xml file is in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit and you use any ftp client to access it.

i've just got a junk bouquet thats hidden - i chuck everything i don't want in there - however, if u scroll down from bbc1 - they're still there - so this seems a better way

The myservices.xml file is in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit and you use any ftp client to access it.

Not in mine, I dont have myservices.xml!

I have:
zapit.conf
services.xml
bouquets.xml
audioPIDs.data

is this a problem?

Not in mine, I dont have myservices.xml!

I have:
zapit.conf
services.xml
bouquets.xml
audioPIDs.data

is this a problem?

you have to create it m8 use your sevices.xml and rename it m8 clear out all the channels you watch and

as the guide says in

myservices.xml
all channels in this file will not be altered no matter what scan you perform they will stay there forever lol well kind off

Add

Replace
is to Rename a channel

Remove
is to remove a channel

hi i understand you can edit file to add or remove channels but what do i use to edit the file as when i open it i cant seem to edit any help will be great thanks

Back