Missing app icons Fire TV Cube (fix)

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Fire TV cube while the were on offer but when I install apps using the latest ABDlinks from my computer or apps2fire from my phone the icon for the app is crossed out. It's no hard ship but you have to scroll round them so the name pops up rather than just aim for them via an icon.

Just for anyone else who's interested this guide here works fine, follow it step by step takes 2 minutes per app. I tried it with xcIPTV 4.0.4 and it works

How to Fix Missing or Broken Icons for Sideloaded Apps on Amazon Fire TV

Note;
some apps cannot be modified. To find out which can / can't open the app and immediately save as without editing if you get an error (top left) it can't be edited.

Last edited:
I tried seed4.me VPN who are offering 6 months free. I edited the app and it wouldn't load I just got a failed red box message on screen. Tbh I suppose it's abit hit and miss or if the app has previously been modded. Tivitmate 301 wouldn't but the cracked version on here did

I got my firestick lite today and have found the same issue with mxplayer and livenet, no icons. I'm also finding cyberflix doesn't like android 9 either.

Back