mini hazard lights will not work.1985

mapman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive been working on a mini for a few weeks now ,indicators lights left and right work but no hazard work ,in seen the wire is black like burn ,not at one point seams to be the loom,i know this is a problem ,just need view from other eyes,i might replace the loom but would rather not lol.if anyone has had this problem and you fixed what did you try,i have replaced relays, switches ect. car starts ok no wheels as yet think my last big thing is hazards,ive never used them never seen anyone using but mot will fail it. it does not have that yet lol.

Might there be a fuse for the hazard warning thinking same relay does both ?
Do indicators flash the repeater lamps and what are the connections look like as corrosion and bad connections on many open things are possible.
Photo of wire might also help and terminals on repeater lamp.
What year mini is it like old or new

I would start with checking powers and ground to the relay, then work it out from there
You need to work out what you have lost before you can repair it
With luck, you can replace a single wire

Certain year minis have two relays one for indicators behind the clock and one near the wiper motor for hazards. Not sure if this is your model though. If it is check for earthing faults even by pass the relay to see if the hazards stay on without flashing.

Certain year minis have two relays one for indicators behind the clock and one near the wiper motor for hazards. Not sure if this is your model though. If it is check for earthing faults even by pass the relay to see if the hazards stay on without flashing.
Wow vintage era showing your age and remember those metal ones pushed into a metal clip to secure them and made by Lucas and in under the bonnet. OMG the silly things we remember.

Wow vintage era showing your age and remember those metal ones pushed into a metal clip to secure them and made by Lucas and in under the bonnet. OMG the silly things we remember.
No fancy computers then mate, just hard graft and a good mind. We got the job done didn't we. Remember changing the points on them?. Grill off and nimble fingers in.🤣🤣🤣

Aye points and condenser and using mini feeler blades.
Dont screw up your wiring loom putting in longer screws.

Why not putting in a new seperate loom for the hazardlights? from fusebox to switch and relay and reconnect after the indicator switch.

Back