Manchester United thread

And just another interesting angle to this argument. Have you seen the latest PFA team of the year?

Funny how the third best left back has made it along with Fletcher who isnt valued much and of course Rooney and Valencia.

Joe Hart (Birmingham),
Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea),
Richard Dunne (Aston Villa),
Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal),
Patrice Evra (Manchester United),
Antonio Valencia (Manchester United),
Darren Fletcher (Manchester United),
James Milner (Aston Villa),
Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal),
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United),
Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

And funny not a single one of those highly rated and valued liverpool players are in there.

This team was picked way back in february right? If it was picked more recently I think Malouda may have nicked the spot off Valencia.
May have been same for Lampard as he's now scored 25 goals or something from midfield position.

Ivanovic I wouldnt put in there by a long shot but then there really are no consistent high quality right backs in premier league

Liverpool have announced their side to face Chelsea in this weekends vital premier league clash.
1. Ken Dodd
2. Cilla Black
3. Bob Carolgees
4. Michael Shields
5. Jimmy Corkhill
6. Derek Hatton
7. Mimi maguire
8. Holly Johnson
9. Sinbad the window cleaner
10. Spit the dog and of course number 11 Lucas Leiva

This team was picked way back in february right? If it was picked more recently I think Malouda may have nicked the spot off Valencia.
May have been same for Lampard as he's now scored 25 goals or something from midfield position.

Ivanovic I wouldnt put in there by a long shot but then there really are no consistent high quality right backs in premier league

Was surprised Lampard wasnt in there, but think it maybe due to the fact although he has scored alot of goals. He hasnt had the same impact on the team as he was having say last season. Nevertheless outstanding return for any player in any position.

Going back to the original argument, I dont think there was any time in the season where a team was picked where any of the Liverpool players would have been in there.

Going back to my original argument, losing the players we did do over the summer. We have done amazingly well to be where we are and just goes to show we still are the most consistent team in the premiership.

And just another interesting angle to this argument. Have you seen the latest PFA team of the year?

Funny how the third best left back has made it along with Fletcher who isnt valued much and of course Rooney and Valencia.

Joe Hart (Birmingham),
Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea),
Richard Dunne (Aston Villa),
Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal),
Patrice Evra (Manchester United),
Antonio Valencia (Manchester United),
Darren Fletcher (Manchester United),
James Milner (Aston Villa),
Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal),
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United),
Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

And funny not a single one of those highly rated and valued liverpool players are in there.

Kind of playing fast and loose with the word interesting there aren't you?

If you listen to the Pro's they always vote for who they think is the best player for player of the year, but when it comes to the PFA team of the year it becomes a piss take for some of them, and they play games like picking the smallest players that they can in each position or players with long hair or players with the least amount of letters in their names etc etc.

I won't try and vindicate a long list of Liverpool players that should have been in the team but I will question Joe Harts inclusion ahead of Reina.
Hart has managed 11 clean sheets whilst Reina has kept 17 and will win the golden gloves for the 4th year in succession in spite of the fact that we have had a shit season.
I am also astounded at no Modrich, Pienar and Tevez or Ashley Cole

I am also astounded at no Modrich, Pienar and Tevez or Ashley Cole

So am i about Rafa not getting manager of the season afterall he has spent only £228,976,000 in his tenure there and Liverpool are in a great position to play in the disney land cup next season aka Europa flops league!

Last edited:
So am i about Rafa not getting manager of the season afterall he has spent only £228,976,000 in his tenure there and Liverpool are in a great position to play in the disney land cup next season aka Europa flops league!

Don't believe everything that you read in the Sun Nani

Why not try and answer the question about Modrich Teves Reina etc instead of trying to have a go at Rafa to try to divert from the fact that you really don't know why guys of that class have been left out ?

Oh and by the way
I wonder which one carries more clout throughout the world
The Carling cup or the Europa league cup ?

Oh and by the way

As a Liverpool fan would you rather win the europoor league or would you rather be in a position to win the premier league title with 2 games to go ?

Why not try and answer the question about Modrich Teves Reina etc instead of trying to have a go at Rafa to try to divert from the fact that you really don't know why guys of that class have been left out ?

there's no doubt tevez has a fantastic season but so have drogba & rooney who have both scored more goals than tevez and probably deserve to be ahead of him. considering its both their goals that are keeping the title race alive its hardly a surprise that they were both selected.

think modric was out with a broken leg for while and maybe thats why he missed out and reina may have done well but joe hart at a club like birmingham who were probably favourites to go down at the start of the season has done a phenomenal job keepin 11 clean sheets considering the team he plays for.

dont think pienaar has done enough to warrant a place and whats this obsession with ashley cole? the guy has been out for for 3 months and somehow warrants a place!? evra has been sensational, best left back by a mile and has missed just one premier league game all season and that was when fergie benched him against bburn couple weeks ago and even then he came on as a sub.

Oh and by the way

And you have won the Europa league have you?

Everyone keeps coming in and mentioning Tevez what about Darren Bent who has scored 24 goals this season and yes that is more then Tevez.

Modric in team of season well after being out for a while he was never going to make it!

Reina well he is a top goalkeeper but then again he started of a season in a top 4 team and was expected to do well but for a keeper to do so well at Birmingham he deserves his place on merit!

And you have won the Europa league have you?

Everyone keeps coming in and mentioning Tevez what about Darren Bent who has scored 24 goals this season and yes that is more then Tevez.

Modric in team of season well after being out for a while he was never going to make it!

Reina well he is a top goalkeeper but then again he started of a season in a top 4 team and was expected to do well but for a keeper to do so well at Birmingham he deserves his place on merit!
so working on ur logic that must mean bale has had a better season then
evra who started in a top 4 team unlike bale who didnt

reina has and is the best goal keeper in the country
to win the golden gloves 3 time
may be 4 including this yr proves it

so working on ur logic that must mean bale has had a better season then
evra who started in a top 4 team unlike bale who didnt

reina has and is the best goal keeper in the country
to win the golden gloves 3 time
may be 4 including this yr proves it

Have you only started watching football for the past 2 months or so as its only since then Bale has started playing well also not from the left back position but from the left wing. Bale has only made 15 starts this season in the league now i don't think that is enough to warrant a place in the PFA team!

Evra is one of the most consistent players in the league and is World Class!

I wouldnt worry about it Nani, everyone seems to be jumping on this Bale bandwagon. Yes he's had a decent second half to the season but is nowhere in comparison to Evra and even Cole.

Reina, no doubt the best goalkeeper in the premiership am not arguing there. But think Hart got the nod in light of the fact he had probably much more difficult job playing for a much lower quality side but doing very well.

And in regards to being asked what carries more clout throughout the world. My answer is both cups are about the same, the carling cup is to england what the europa cup is to the world.

If you guys really want to impress, try winning the league just once so that current liverpool fans have a living memory of you winning it. Rather than hearing the tales from their fathers.

Whether we win the league or not (in my opinion not this season) it doesnt take away the fact, that we will be there or there abouts this season and many of the next. Can Liverpool say the same?

I wouldnt worry about it Nani, everyone seems to be jumping on this Bale bandwagon. Yes he's had a decent second half to the season but is nowhere in comparison to Evra and even Cole.

Reina, no doubt the best goalkeeper in the premiership am not arguing there. But think Hart got the nod in light of the fact he had probably much more difficult job playing for a much lower quality side but doing very well.

And in regards to being asked what carries more clout throughout the world. My answer is both cups are about the same, the carling cup is to england what the europa cup is to the world.

If you guys really want to impress, try winning the league just once so that current liverpool fans have a living memory of you winning it. Rather than hearing the tales from their fathers.

Whether we win the league or not (in my opinion not this season) it doesnt take away the fact, that we will be there or there abouts this season and many of the next. Can Liverpool say the same?
so to be a fan u have to be say 20-25

i am 53 and still a fan

i am 53 and still a fan

Back in the day you was a Liverpool fan but now your just a Utd hater thats different and the reason why most Liverpool fans would see you finish in seventh spot rather than see your team fight for 4th. I personally feel your team will have the pride to attempt to beat chelsea but they just wont be good enough end of the day. Just think if Liverpool was any good they could have won the league this year seeing how utd and chelsea have spluttered and farted all season. Good luck Sunday !

i am 53 and still a fan

you failed to spot my sarcasm there bud.

Anyway to make it clear, Liverpool won the league 20-25 years ago?

Didnt realise that, felt like many many many decades ago.

As you can see I have little knowledge about Liverpools past, rather I concentrate on my own team and have a very biased memory

I will just explain my valuation of Johnson compared to probably the third best left back in the premier league.

Johnson can also play as a right midfielder and a center half, that is why I value him more than Evra.
And before you ask Ashley Cole and Gareth Bale.

Guess I underestimated Evra's value.
But this is only from a team that has more money than sense as you quoted earlier.

I don't think you like this team very much do you?

Just a thought would you prefer that these sign Evra or us?
Real Madrid eye £20m move for Manchester United star Patrice Evra on Cristiano Ronaldo's recommendation | Mail Online

Guess I underestimated Evra's value.
But this is only from a team that has more money than sense as you quoted earlier.

I don't think you like this team very much do you?

Just a thought would you prefer that these sign Evra or us?
Real Madrid eye £20m move for Manchester United star Patrice Evra on Cristiano Ronaldo's recommendation | Mail Online

Underestimate Utd players value then go on to Overestimate your own players
Manchester City line up £50m Fernando Torres to front title challenge | Football | The Guardian
All this from the bloke that claimed Utd would finish outside the top four this season after Ronaldo and tevez left pmsl, that bit you on the arse

Back