Manchester United thread

I still appreciate what Tevez did for United, especially in his first season and still dont understand why Ferguson felt the need to buy Berbatov when United were playing great speedy attacking football with the trio of Rooney, Tevez, and Ronaldo.

If reports are to be believed that he was unhappy not always starting after good performances and such, then what does he expect at city? he will have competition from like 10 other strikers, which btw i think is daft, why buy so many strikers, unless Mark Hughes intends to keep about 4 and offload the rest.

guys why all the hate for Carlos Tevez??
its like he is a Man Utd player and us fans are saying he is world class... but when he leaves he suddenly has average ability but runs his head off...

no he IS totally world class and was a big factor to the trophies we won over the last two years... yea he left and his main motivation may have been money or what not but give the guy some respect...

the only thing i was annoyed about was that he said he didnt play much and also he went to city.. but i would have prefered that to Liverpool..
but im sure he will get his first team place now.. he is by far City's best striker..

good luck to him... maybe city's fortune will bring at least a place in Europe next season :)
!

Who say's we hate him I certainly dont but i think he's a ......
lyingcunt.jpg

Who say's we hate him I certainly dont but i think he's a ......
lyingcunt.jpg

thats class made me laugh my head off dont get me wrong i still love him for what he did for us but i think he told a few lies recently

The lads lost the plot as pointed out earlier he was singing fergies praises for treating him with utmost respect (that was back in April) now he comes out saying Fergies not spoke to him in 2 years, either way he's lying. His downfall was going to the press and openly bad mouthing our fearless leader, lol he get's 45 non existent minutes in the CL final and then claims we would have won had Fergie played the invisible man from the start(kin eeedyat). Fair play he wernt the only culprit but the decency of the rest had their mouths clamped shut. For me the matter is closed he was/is a great player but his integrity makes Ronaldo look like a saint and i for one cant wait for derby day as it's not gonna be pretty. He's already signed himself up to play less games than he did last year (as City arent in as many competitions) so that put's his claim to games as a complete sham. And christ knows how were gunna recover from losing the 5 premiership goals he got last year. He was a great asset to our squad and will be to City's but how long before good old Sparky ends up in the firing line. I miss him already pmsl soft shite could have had a cabinet of medals but chose mediocrity and money, speaks volumes. I salute you Carlos and bid you farewell and with my blessing you go.:Cheers:

Tight fisted lil shit even turned up at his unveiling with a hand knitted pair of underpants on his head @ the unveiling. Press play on the vid
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rguson-prompted-Manchester-City-transfer.html

LOL I enjoyed that

Last edited:
My point with Tevez is yes he is a good player but he has shown disrespect to our manager and i don't care who he is no player disrespects our manager not after all he has done for our club. I trust SAF as for Tevez well we shall see how he does at Shity!

I believe Berbatov will score more then Tevez this season!

Tevez you lying ****! A player who gave his all and could have left on good terms but he is making a fool out of him self now in my honest opinion!

I think Macheda is going to play more then last season and hopefully he can manage the amount of goals Tevez managed for us last season in the league which i must state wasn't much!

United agree terms for striker

Manchester United and Molde F.K. are pleased to announce that they have agreed terms for the transfer of Mame Biram Diouf.
The 21 year-old striker is to attend a medical in Manchester next week with a view to joining the club in January. Until that time he will remain with Molde F.K. on loan.

Speaking at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur earlier today, Sir Alex Ferguson said: "We’ve been looking at him for two years.

"We weren't intending on signing anyone else after [Gabriel Obertan] last week - we feel we have a full squad - but the situation accelerated to a point where other clubs started to make bids, so we had a decision to make.

"We decided to act now and he’ll be the last person we sign this summer."

To date, Diouf has scored 38 times in 73 appearances for Norwegian side Molde, the same club from which United signed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as a virtual unknown in 1996.

Diouf's impressive tally of 17 goals from 21 games so far this season includes a hat-trick in the first nine minutes of last Sunday's league match against Brann. He added a fourth strike, in the 27th minute, as Molde marched on to a resounding 5-2 victory.

A fellow countryman of several UK-based players including Blackburn's El Hadji Diouf and Portsmouth's Papa Bouba Diop, Mame Biram Diouf has represented his native Senegal at youth, Under-21 and Olympic (Under-23) level.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_2el7671kw[/ame]

Last edited:
Re: United agree terms for striker

after watching that video he looks like a good finisher and loves to header the ball. hopefully he will get a few games in the first team this coming season so we have an idea of what hes like in the premiership.

cant really see him figuring until this time next year in pre-season.... on a diff note, SAF expects hargreaves to be back for september so thats some good news...

Just the facts, Mame: the inside line on Manchester United's new signing

Tor-Kristian Karlsen, a Norwegian football scout who has worked for several leading European clubs, gives us the lowdown on Mame Biram Diouf, Molde's Senegalese forward who was signed today by Manchester United. Robert Dineen asks the questions.
Sir Alex Ferguson had said he would not make any further signings this summer. Were you surprised that he moved for Diouf?
There had been much speculation over the past week that he would leave Norway as he scored four goals in Molde's most recent home game in front of about 20 scouts but nobody expected him to go to United.

He had been linked with clubs in Germany and Holland while FC Copenhagen, the biggest club in Scandinavia, had made a bid but he seems to have skipped a rung on the career ladder by signing for United.
How did the signing come about?
Diouf's agent has helped several young players move to United's academy so they had a relationship with him but the strongest link was with Ole Gunnar Solkskjaer, the United reserve team manager who used to play for Molde. You suspect he will have alerted Sir Alex about Diouf and about the increased interest in him over the past few days.
What kind of player is Diouf?
He is centre forward with attributes that make him a very exciting prospect. He is extremely strong, quick and excellent in the air. In his first two seasons at Molde, he had played on the right wing without making a great impact, partly because he was profligate in front of goal. But he switched to centre forward this season and his finishing is hugely improved.
Is he good enough for United?
He certainly has the qualities needed to adapt to the quicker tempo and increased physical demands of English football. He is also popular with team-mates and fans, which suggests he has the personality needed to adapt to the spotlight.
But I'm not sure how close he would get to the United first team and he may have been better served by moving to a side in the middle or lower end of the Premier League.
The fee has not been disclosed. How much is he worth?
Before United moved for him, he was expected to fetch about £2 million but speculation suggests Sir Alex will pay closer to £4 million, beginning with a lump sum and further instalments based on appearances. That would present quite a profit on a player that Molde recruited from an academy in Dakar​
TheGame - Times Online - WBLG: Just the facts, Mame: the inside line on Manchester United's new signing

can't see him figuring at all we always sign up young strikers but never give them a good run

remember Rossi?

true.............. however the season rossi left, he wanted to become a 1st team regular whereas i think fergie wanted to ease him in with rooney and saha being 1st choice.... if u remember in that season (06/07) saha was practically injured from xmas onwards, alan smith was injured as well, solskjaer wasn't gona play 50+ games and thats when we signed larsson on loan... if he stayed he would have got his chance....

Manucho has now gone aswell to Real Vallodid

this guy was a waste of time signin, although he scored some fantastic goals in the african nations cup after we had signed him.... i suppose at 25/26 it was gona be really hard for him to break into the side....

at least at the end of his career he can say 'i played for utd and real' ;)

Im unsure about Fergies signings this summer, yes Owen will be a great asset to you if he can stay injury free as his goal scoring record with Rooney is incredible. Valencia is light years away from being Ronnys replacement, I would havbe liked ergie to have given Tosic a run in the team, and Obertan and Diouf are nobodys really, you cannot say you heard their names previously. Think he should go after Young now if the rumours are true tha Villa are looking for around £30mil he is the type of player to get people on their feet, just like Ronny and cancross and score aswell, with another + that he is English :)

Also think he will need to sign another keeper in Jan as this should be Van Der Sars last season and Foster is too injury prone and Kuszack is shite, saw enough of him at West Brom, glad you took him lol.

Hope this guy dont turn into another Manucho...unknown forward brought in and accomplishes nothing before being shipped off. Except this guy is from the same club that Solksjaer came from so you never know, im pretty certain Ole had a big hand in monitoring this talent

Hope this guy dont turn into another Manucho...unknown forward brought in and accomplishes nothing before being shipped off. Except this guy is from the same club that Solksjaer came from so you never know, im pretty certain Ole had a big hand in monitoring this talent

word is Solksjaers former agent and friend is the agent for this guy which helped in the deal!

Hopefully when he comes in January he will be given opportunities!

word is Solksjaers former agent and friend is the agent for this guy which helped in the deal!

Hopefully when he comes in January he will be given opportunities!

I doubt he will feature this season unless maybe 10 minute substitute appearance.
He will need time to settle in, i hope he turns out like another solksjaer :proud:

Back