Manchester United thread

owenshirt.jpg

michaelowenshirt.jpg

If Owen stays fit he will get goals that there is no doubt about although i didn't want the signing from the start when the rumors were circulating i still say lets give him a chance!

However Sir Alex knows he can't put all his eggs in one basket and is probably lining up another couple of signings! We just need a big name signing someone with real quality hopefully!

In SAF we trust!

if he stays fit he will score at least 15-20 goal a season.

now united need a "roy keane" type midfielder...box to box, passion and agression, to run things in midfield.

if he stays fit he will score at least 15-20 goal a season.

now united need a "roy keane" type midfielder...box to box, passion and agression, to run things in midfield.

those type of players come few and far between, but yes that is the player united need. A leader like Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Bryan Robson and Steve Bruce, I think they have been missing that since Roy Keane left.

Owen's on a pay per play deal at united and came on a free. So if he isnt fit and dont play, utd dont pay him........Cant go wrong if you ask me. I no the Liverpool fans will be secretly gutted (although they wont admit it) as owen is a Liverpool legend.
Think he will get goals if he can stay fit and he will get the service he lacked at Newcastle, time will tell i suppose. Win win situation from a utd point of view.

He's on 50 grand a week plus bonuses for appearances and goals !

sounds a good deal to me .. he will bring some age to team too ,,,he can show the younger lad the ropes and so on , wish the villa took him on at that ... when u think even if he stays fit its only about 20 games

Owen's on a pay per play deal at united and came on a free. So if he isnt fit and dont play, utd dont pay him........Cant go wrong if you ask me. I no the Liverpool fans will be secretly gutted (although they wont admit it) as owen is a Liverpool legend.
Think he will get goals if he can stay fit and he will get the service he lacked at Newcastle, time will tell i suppose. Win win situation from a utd point of view.
well i am 1 liverpool fan that isnt gutted
i never wanted him back because of the way he left us
same as u lot wouldnt want ronnie back

if he does stay fit he will be a good aqusition for u

He would have been better off at Villa mate , at least he would have got a lot more games

That may be true, but does he need more games or better playing management, United can choose exactly when to play him for both their benefit and also the benefit of Owen to help him overcome his injury prone problems.

At the big clubs they can do this as they have bigger squads with better players. Aston Villa are a good team but their strength in depth is not too good, 2nd half of season was proof of this.

Every footballer wants to play games hence why Teves left . I cant see Owen being happy sitting on the bench week after week , thats why i think he would have been better off going to Villa

Every footballer wants to play games hence why Teves left . I cant see Owen being happy sitting on the bench week after week , thats why i think he would have been better off going to Villa

and if its pay as u play ... if your on the bench do u get paid ? or only if your on the pitch

Tevez left for the money ! Wont sign for Liverpool so as not to disrespect the united fans but looks like he's on his way to City to compete with santa cruz an robinho for his place. I can see he will get more games but not as an out an out striker, maybe playing from wide positions and upfront when one of the others has injuries. So as not to disrespect the united fans he should have signed the deal he agreed on 2 years ago as it was offered to him in the end.

good signin IF he stays fit... Still hoping for a big name though................

we will see what comes out of this so give the guy a chance,could be worse he may of been a proper scouser instead of a plastic one like a few on here :roflmao:

I reckon it's all one big error, Owen must have thought he was going to the emergency theatre and not the theatre if dreams.

Back