Manchester United thread

I seriously cannot believe how Man United let City secure Silva signing...out of all the names that could have come to United, he was probably the most ideal.

He can play on either wing and more importantly he can act as a playmaker in central midfield which we really need

I seriously cannot believe how Man United let City secure Silva signing...out of all the names that could have come to United, he was probably the most ideal.

He can play on either wing and more importantly he can act as a playmaker in central midfield which we really need

its either because (a) we have no money (likely scenario), (b) fergie's got his eye on someone else coz thinks silva might be a 'robinho' if u get me or (c) fergie thinks we'll be ok for another season and hopes that hargreaves and anderson will flourish this season..........

its either because (a) we have no money (likely scenario), (b) fergie's got his eye on someone else coz thinks silva might be a 'robinho' if u get me or (c) fergie thinks we'll be ok for another season and hopes that hargreaves and anderson will flourish this season..........

There's a rumour you're lining up a bid for the winger from Chile, and another rumour is a P/X with PSG for one of their midfielders with Andersen going the other way.

Any likely substance to these rumours?

There's a rumour you're lining up a bid for the winger from Chile, and another rumour is a P/X with PSG for one of their midfielders with Andersen going the other way.

There is a few rumours about Alexis Sanchez but again i think its unlikely because we are skint.

As for the Anderson i think it won't happen he will be given one last season to prove himself.

The Brazilian Luis Fabiano is also wanting to come to us and is a proven goal scorer however again do we have the funds?

Its more then likely we won't get anyone not because Fergie doesn't want anyone or will say theres no value (which is rubbish coming from the club who sold Ronaldo for £80 million we were part of making it a crazy market) it is down those selfish gready bastards the jewish cooonts Glazers.

not heard the rumours bout the chile winger but he is an amazin player... i hope we're in for him but obviously money's an issue..

cant see anderson leavin tbh, next season will make or break him at Utd. He has all the attributes to be our engine for the next 8-9 years and be one of the best around... Just hope he's given the chance and when he gets that chance he takes it...

There is a few rumours about Alexis Sanchez but again i think its unlikely because we are skint.

As for the Anderson i think it won't happen he will be given one last season to prove himself.

The Brazilian Luis Fabiano is also wanting to come to us and is a proven goal scorer however again do we have the funds?

Its more then likely we won't get anyone not because Fergie doesn't want anyone or will say theres no value (which is rubbish coming from the club who sold Ronaldo for £80 million we were part of making it a crazy market) it is down those selfish gready bastards the jewish cooonts Glazers.

cant see us forking out £25m+ on a 29yr old tbh. good player but over-priced and although he wants to come to us i dont think we're in for him...

Next year should be make or break for Anderson, I read somewhere that Fergie wasn't happy with Andersons weight and thinks he needs to lose a few pounds, I actually agree there and have always said that. He isn't fat but could do being a bit lighter...or he will end up like Jan Molby...but not as good...:proud:

Next year should be make or break for Anderson, I read somewhere that Fergie wasn't happy with Andersons weight and thinks he needs to lose a few pounds, I actually agree there and have always said that. He isn't fat but could do being a bit lighter...or he will end up like Jan Molby...but not as good...:proud:

Hahaha Jan Molby i remember singing his chant on the terraces ... Big fat Jan and his frying pan eating all the danish lmao
Anderson has been very impressive with his energy and passing, we missed that back end of the season last year. Agree with everyone on this it's now or never for the lad, since he's managed to survive what few others have done before when he criticized Fergie im expecting a lot more from him this term. Ferguson isnt daft and see's the obvious potential, be a disaster to see him move to another club only to explode into the player he clearly has the ability to become.

As I said it's only a rumour, but the PSG lad is meant to be highly rated, and wants a move away. He can play anywhere across the middle as well, which might appeal to Fergie? I wondered whether Utd have doubts over Anderson recovering fully, or just thinking the PSG lad is a better prospect, and already "up to the job", IYKWIM?

Time will tell I suppose. It is the silly season after all.

I wish we were hearing rumours, sadly it's deathly quiet on my teams transfer activity! Lol

Bloody Hargreaves knee again !! He's set to miss the start of the season and back in America for treatment on the dodgy knee. Fergie says "He will not be ready for the start of the season. I do not know when he will be back." Bad news both for him and club. Rio's set to miss the start to along with Anderson.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Manchester United | Injury blow for Hargreaves

FFS Darren Anderton was fitter more often than Hargreaves.

It's a shame really because I like Hargreaves, after so long you wonder will he ever be able to get back to the way he was...and to think he was annoyed Fergie told Cappello he wasn't fit enough for world cup.

is anyone actually surprised by the latest news on hargreaves? i personally am not... £18m literally down the drain. i said a few months ago that i dont think he'll ever play for us again and i think this setback could possibly the final nail and unfortunately end his career. i hope not because i like every other utd fan want to see him play but i have my doubts that IF and thats a very, very, very BIG IF, he was to come back he will never be the same player he was before this injury... the surgeon who operated on him said that hargreaves' were the worse he had seen in 35yrs as a surgeon and this from guy in his 70's....

theres no doubting hargreaves' ability. he is/was a very, very good all-round player. good set-piece ability, full of energy & running, can player right back/wing and central midfield...

its not hargreaves' fault but who takes the blame? his issue of tendonitis surfaced at the medical but apparently it was 'manageable'.... looking back now obviously not. considering the club's financial situation the £18m plus the approx £3m annual salary would have meant a saving of £30m or putting that amount towards another player...

Silva completes his switch to City for £24mill...seriously United should have got him at that price, the asking price before world cup was £25mill and it was thought City were going to pay at least £28mill.

Ah well finances finances

here's the new United home top
63026101.jpg

new top is awesome! simple in detail yet very stylish... :proud:

Love the new utd shirt very retro and very stylish, wont be buying one from any official sources though as ive sworn not to further line the Glaziers pockets.

Man United 3 - 1 Celtic

Berbatov, Welbeck, Cleverley scored with Samaras scoring for Celtic from penalty spot after Chris Smalling' foul

Berbatov played a good game, now if he can play like that in most games it should be good.
and looks like Smalling has started his United career where he left off his Fulham career...making big mistakes lol

Back