Making a few extra quid from home

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm due for an Op soonish that's going to leave me abit laid up for a month or two and I have to be careful self isolating. Things are tight like everyone else but I keep seeing all these people on the net ranting on about making schemes and earning extra money.
I don't want to start up a full scale drop sell Amazon business I'm just on about making £50-£100 say a month if more great.

Anyone got any easy money making schemes they've tried and tested and it works. Once I'm back up and running I'll knock it on the head. It's more out of "Well everybody else says it works" and plenty time on my hands.

Do you have accounts with the major bookmakers? If not you can joins the likes off oddsmonkey and take advantage of all the account opening bonuses, this can easily be no risk a few hundred quid.
if you do have accounts then lots of new daily reload offers.

I do this to a low level but coz I work full time it is the odd weekend so I can’t say I earn regular income, though did set my sons up when they were 18 to get a start.

you don’t need an oddsmonkey account (others exist) but they do make it a bit easier.

I've done the bookies thing some years ago so most of the accounts have been used.

Sell stuff on Fleebay and put a UK logo on the picture lots of people are making a fortune that way gerrrr lol

Coming from Hong Kong , China ect

Last edited:
Some good ideas there, I'm quite good soldering and repairing smaller items. I bought a few guitar pedals in kit form from AliExpress and built them.
They took too long though as the instructions were shocking. I made between £10 a pedal. Each pedal took about 2-3hours just because of the instructions were all the caps and resistors and sizes went.

Over here we have a few selling sites like Adverts , Gumtree , Donedeal etc and gathered my junk and working stuff to sell and so far sold 65 items and about 40 left and loads more to stick up.
Recently got rid of a used air con on wheels for the house and got e150.00 for it.
Old vcrs i had 4 all sold working but no one wanted the free 20 tapes 🤣
Repurpose an old working item and dont junk it because it old.

Trying to get all stuff for sale in one room so i know where it is if it gets sold.
Even a fiver is better than nothing..
Might even get back into my garden and cacti growing and selling surplus plants as the extra few bob is handy.

I bet and get about £50 to £100 or more a week only on small bets
IE £3 on Watkins & Fernandes 1+ shot on target, 2+ corners each team/half and 10+ points each team @10/1 at the weekend

Tomorrow I've got another £3 on Cavani & Vardy 1+ shot on target, 2+ corners each team/half and 10+ points each team @14/1
Only small bets but they mount up

Also buy firesticks/cubes when in the sale and put lots of VOD apps on them and all set up to go cos some people don't know how or can't be bothered, then I sell them for for the recular price they are 4K firestick in sale £30/£35 sell for £50
Cube buy for £60 and sell for £110

Last edited:
Some good ideas there, I'm quite good soldering and repairing smaller items. I bought a few guitar pedals in kit form from AliExpress and built them.
They took too long though as the instructions were shocking. I made between £10 a pedal. Each pedal took about 2-3hours just because of the instructions were all the caps and resistors and sizes went.

I'm not joking or bragging, but, a few years ago, because of previous jobs...

I removed around 1500 0603 components and fitted 2500, I still have the removed ones.

Purely as I could do this, nobody else could. Used hot air and tweezers.

I'm not joking or bragging, but, a few years ago, because of previous jobs...

I removed around 1500 0603 components and fitted 2500, I still have the removed ones.

Purely as I could do this, nobody else could. Used hot air and tweezers.
Over the years I've played around with small stuff like that and there's a knack. I practised on 2 f**ked boards for a few weeks till I got the right temp/air flow and flux. At first I was blowing everything clean off the board. @Spectre I bet your head was mashed and your neck as well. I suffered for a good period been stooped over an magnifying glass light.

What I have noticed recently is the flood of crpto currency, you can make your own in an hour but I wouldn't wouldn't go near it with a scabby nob.

I'm due for an Op soonish that's going to leave me abit laid up for a month or two and I have to be careful self isolating. Things are tight like everyone else but I keep seeing all these people on the net ranting on about making schemes and earning extra money.
I don't want to start up a full scale drop sell Amazon business I'm just on about making £50-£100 say a month if more great.

Anyone got any easy money making schemes they've tried and tested and it works. Once I'm back up and running I'll knock it on the head. It's more out of "Well everybody else says it works" and plenty time on my hands.
Was thinking mate, your into DIY always have a job on or a repair job for a mate or relative. Did you ever video any of them like the fencing job you did with the Lidl impact driver ?

Good DIY tutorial videos rack up advertising revenue on youtube you could of made a few bob there !

Was thinking mate, your into DIY always have a job on or a repair job for a mate or relative. Did you ever video any of them like the fencing job you did with the Lidl impact driver ?

Good DIY tutorial videos rack up advertising revenue on youtube you could of made a few bob there !
Id probably make more videoing the screw up's I do lol. I watch alot of DIY video's. Youtube is a God send. There isn't much you can't find on there. I just recently got watching video's say on TikTok were ppl are "so called" making money and it got me thinknig , is it that easy are are they all full of bullcrap.

I've done a fair few screen repairs in the past and port replacements stuff like that on iphones and laptop screens. Infact I did a ipad yesterday, some kids broke it. Digitizer was only £8 but the problem is, its few and far between and not regular enough the newer stuff dearer and trickier.

I did a screen on an ipad digitizer and it had been done at a local shop. I undid it and said take it back. They left the plate holding the connections off and no screws. The lcd screen was loose and scratched and 2 screws missing from that, shocker of a job.

I put my name about but when a shop can do a sh1t job at half the price people just see the £ signs not the time you take

Over the years I've played around with small stuff like that and there's a knack. I practised on 2 f**ked boards for a few weeks till I got the right temp/air flow and flux. At first I was blowing everything clean off the board. @Spectre I bet your head was mashed and your neck as well. I suffered for a good period been stooped over an magnifying glass light.

What I have noticed recently is the flood of crpto currency, you can make your own in an hour but I wouldn't wouldn't go near it with a scabby nob.
About 380 degree and I can't remember the flow rate, at home I have a Weller WHA300, which I really like as it's sculpture (cylinder). At work I Have a WHA900, I even got an adapter so I could use my nozzles at work.

Thats a decent bit of kit that Weller, like it, mines not posh at all , lol some cheap Chinese job but it works. If I was doing loads I would invest but I just dont get the call. I looked into it all and good gear aint cheap.

I've been looking at garden furniture (nothing too strenuous), mainly chairs. I saw this blue print for making chairs I'm sure it was Pinterest. You just get all the timber and cut to size, bolt screws treat. They look smart as well when done

Last edited:
Jee's no crap there for sure. You know what, I have an old pen refillable gas solder iron that has a hot air adapter. I still drop back on that, don't ask me why but I have an understanding just how hot and how close so when all else fails out comes the gas powered iron. Infact when I bought the impact driver I picked up a Parkside gas solder iron as mines on it's last legs. It's just handy for outdoor stuff say on the car or outdoor lights or socket. Brilliant bit of cheap kit

Back