Lnb power problems

Gary Cullen

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I recently moved apartment and my freesat satellite worked fine, I tried to install it in my new apartment but to no avil .I tried different positioning but and am only getting 75 strength but no quality i've tried getting a new lnb but nothing seems to work .On the setting I've selected lnb 1 but no power seems to be going through ,I can't even picked up any satellite I'm look for astra 2a 28.2 east ,any help would be greatly appreciated .Thanks

Hello and welcome.

1.Have you looked at dishpointer.com for a diagram for the direction to point the dish?
2.Are there any objects in the line of sight such as tall buildings/trees?
3.What receiver are you using
4.Do you have access to a beeper?
5.Are the f-plugs fitted properly? Core long enough and sufficient braiding turned back?

Hi
I recently moved apartment and my freesat satellite worked fine, I tried to install it in my new apartment but to no avil .I tried different positioning but and am only getting 75 strength but no quality i've tried getting a new lnb but nothing seems to work .On the setting I've selected lnb 1 but no power seems to be going through ,I can't even picked up any satellite I'm look for astra 2a 28.2 east ,any help would be greatly appreciated .Thanks

Hi mate.

What receiver are you using out of a matter of interest.
Are you sure your pointing the dish in the right direction? try using other peoples dishes as a guide or use a compass
what transponder are you trying to allign to. In your receiver settings i am assuming you are using the satfinder to align the dish or are you using a bleeper/meter.

If your using the receiver make sure the sat finder is set to pick up this transponder 10846V 22000 as it is a nice strong tp, you can use other active transponders but i always use that for a good reference point

Also that your saying the box is getting 75% strength implies that your lnb is getting power just that the dish is not aligned on to the satellite or the transponder your trying to align to is no longer active so it will be benificle to double check alignment and settings. Default settings in the receiver if you have to and then choose satfinder or sat search ect and use an active transponder to align your dish to then you will get a signal and watching tv in no time.

But also do as Abu says to check connectors and all the basics as you would be suprised how many times i have seen people try to fit a dish only a few feet away from a massive oak tree hoping to get the satellite lol

Last edited:
Hi have you got an Andriod phone there is a App for finding Satellites on Google Apps Hope this helps

Back