Kids playing in the street

A very detailed thread.....

What i hate is winter. 😂
What i do love is kids going mad at summer time or the wee ones on holidays.
I can recall me being 9 year old child and a neighbour lifting MY football being a child.
The neighbour got his balls kicked in when i told my father.
I watched my dad empty him...
as my father said......
“Respect is not given...
“BUT EARNED”

30 years later with my own place i allow kids to use my driveway as goals.

GREAT TO BE YOUNG????

(or a victor)??

How times have changed.
🙄
I bet you wouldn't be best pleased if your cars been used as goal post. Sounds like a top fella your Dad knocking shit out someone because they took their son's ball. If that's how you EARN RESPECT i'll pass thanks :)

Well last night it went on till well after 9:30pm. The Dad was stood there with the kids again fair play looking over his 3 yr old but did he stop the older kids who play with his lad from playing I'd say 2ft from the side of my car ? no. I think personally he knows it's antagonizing and the bigger kids are not he's kids so it ain't my problem attitude comes to the for. Like I said the bigger older kids come to play with my neighbors 3 yr old so as long as the little uns out the older lads are here.
So last night I'd had enough I went out, told the kids it was time they kindly fooked off if you don't mind pretty please and told them to use their Dads car as goal post. Up butts the neighbor who informed me that it didn't hit the car but CCTV shows it clobbering half a dozen times and him clambering under the car to retrieve the older kids ball.
He's basically on the wind up why ? well it's his house to the side and his lad can do what he wants when he wants and with whoever. What absolutely makes my pish boil is, when my 3 were young I wouldn't let them play ball in the street or run around till dick dock because there were other kids were in bed. To me thats me showing respect for others and my neighbors and their property. Were as my nieghbor thinks it's OK to have kids all outside he's till late on playing ball and the noise.

Time for the old Mosquito MK4 :)

What is a 3 year old doing up at 9.30 pm anyway?

Bite the bullet mate stop being nice. Just tell them to move. End of....

Jon my sentiments exactly, a 3 yr old out at 9:30 and @ian I told them but the predicament is, you are telling the older to kids stop and to move on, these same kids are playing with my neighbors 3 yr old son and he might be sttod at the time bang in the middle of them........... This is were the I'm thinking the Dad is doing it on the Q.T. His son has the right TO PLAY on his front, granted and who the fcuk am I to tell him but as I've already explained to the Dad, I've no problem with him and his soft ball I'm not stopping him I'm just fed up of the older kids been there. So this has me thinking is a kind of clever way the Dad knows exactly what gets on my wick/winds me up

I think he thinks is;-

I keep my son out, older kids stay, older kids not my problem, why shoulds I stop them ?, I can't stop his son from playing as it's outside my property.

So when I go out and say in front of the Dad who's always there which I've done a few times this week, "Look move on hey go and play elsewhere" the little one's amongst them so he takes the knock as though I'm telling the 3yr old. 10 minutes later there all back at it which leads me to think the Dad is as bad as the kids. I know if it was me I would move the kids further away from the cars or warn them and in at a decent time , he doesn't.

I hate kids and parents confrontations, I never let parents and kids arguments mix because five minutes after your going toe to toe with the other kids parents the kids are back as best buddy friends and your like WTF !!??

Every parent on the planet has been there so I try not to fall out with parents but I'm beginning to think that, because he's always outside watching over his son the noise and ball appears and gangs of older kids start off he doesn't do a tap he plays along. I'm beginning to think the Dads just as bad as the kids and me going out has fueled him to allow them to do as they please.
If they all gather later on today then I think it's time to bring it to a halt. Whether the neighbor takes the knock I truly don't give a flying fcuk.

Don't they make some kind of noise maker that the kids can hear because of the age (our older ears cant hear it).

But I agree with @IANB. you can only be so nice, if thats not working tell them where to go.

Decent people are hard to come by. This dad sounds like a right idiot!

Mick

You are entitled to peace in your home mate. Tell them to move on and have a word in the other guys ear telling him why your moving them on and why you will continue to move them on.

Don't they make some kind of noise maker that the kids can hear because of the age (our older ears cant hear it).

But I agree with @IANB. you can only be so nice, if thats not working tell them where to go.

Decent people are hard to come by. This dad sounds like a right idiot!

Mick
Time for the old Mosquito MK4 :)

You are entitled to peace in your home mate. Tell them to move on and have a word in the other guys ear telling him why your moving them on and why you will continue to move them on.
True , that's my intensions, if and when it starts later on, I did go out night but it fell on deaf ears and service resumed after a 2 minute break. It's Like I said IAN, I think he's a bit pished at me for asking them be quite and move on so he's using the other kids as bait. I can't think of any other reason.

When mine were 3 they were in bed giving it ZZ'ed's well before 9:30am we wanted peace feet up time. I think he's be making a rod for his own back

Something is going on that is not right.

8-13 year olds do not play with 3 year olds. Very concerned that some grooming is going on.

Sorry but I work in Child Protection, the whole situation as you describe stinks.

You have a 3 year old who is enticing a group of 8-10 pre-teens/teens to play and the father is also there playing with them, it does not add up.

Sorry but I work in Child Protection, the whole situation as you describe stinks.

You have a 3 year old who is enticing a group of 8-10 pre-teens/teens to play and the father is also there playing with them, it does not add up.
AH I get what your saying. the father is using his 3 yr old kid to lure the 8-10 yr olds for grooming? That would be severely fu cked up :(

I can asure you that im 10000% thats definatley not the case. The family as a whole are a good lot and his 8 yr old daughter a lovely kid. He basically plays football with the child because the kids football mad so I suppose its a good thing as most kids do more damage cooped up in their room watching stuff on the net and bitching on fb.My problem is
Were he plays
And at what time and all the other kids hanging around

Then when the 3yr old starts playing the older kids from the top think "Hey , playing football down there", then the little un's then got play mates and basically, if theres an adult there then its ok because its outside his house and thats were the problem lies.

If his nieghbor son didnt play football upsides my car then the older kids dont appear and the areas quite and no ball whacking my car and fence. The son appears so Dad follows and just like the Pied Piper kids arrive in bulk.
Its hard to describe the area but my house gable end faces his frontage and my drive is open so its really only my car that suffers.

Proof been, the neighbor went out Sunday and the area was quite. We fear for the summer as we know it will be impossible not to end up in a row. When you have a non considerate tw,t as a nieghbor arguments tend to surface out of pure fustration.
Well we've decided the only option is a 6tf fence down the side of our home. It already has one but only up to the frontage of the property so really only continuing the fence.
This will make turning into the private drive down the side of mine a nightmare for other nieghbors so when they ask why i'll explain my reasons.
Its going to cost about £500 as the path to the front door with need adjusting. Once its up if it carrys on I will paint the backside in luminous paint so he can save on electric.

And all because of one inconsiderate neighbor with no respect for others and their property.

Oh and I forgot to mention, not 200yards away there are 2 full size football fields, a 5 a side netted football court and swings and plus the fact he has a huge garden which I once pointed out to him. This frustrates the fcuckin shit out of me as not one of these kids around here use them but it will be the same parents & kids that will be screaming for amenities for the kids

Last edited:
So his latest is, give the 3 yr old a plastic golf club,then the Dad walks past mine smiling away taking his father in law's dog for a walk then a minute later the young son starts to knock sh!t out the metal street light directly outside mine for about 15 minutes then when he's bored heads over to my fence whacking that for a few minutes. The moment the Dad gets back with the dog the lad stops and walks in. I might be reading this wrong but............There was no playing running nothing, him on his own to me under instructions on what to do till he gets back. If I'm right there's one fcukin coward for you.

I have a big surprise when the fence goes up, not only will it put paid to any banging balls against my car it will make parking his van in front of his house and car virtually impossible without causing an obstruction to other neighbor. The house has no side parking because of an extension so I think he will be embroiled in far worse than a snotty nose child problem when neighbors can get past :)

Last edited:

Like Mick, the ultrasonic idea did run through my head.

Then I thought about the new type of rock salt they use on the Metro train platforms round here. Smells incredibly bad in winter so I bet it reeks in summer. It's smells stronger than that bone-meal stuff people put on plants, which you could also put on your garden :).

Rather than YouTube I'd download something like this, it will generate up to 22kHz:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I think the YouTube compression might be doing something to the higher end of the spectrum as I've measured a couple of them and they are far from ultrasonic. Maybe it's the way they were generated or exported as Chookey's post with the sweeping tone is the right frequencies but not long enough for your application :).

Hi I REALLY need help- DOGS BARKING bad neighbour

Last edited:
OK thanks, I will definitely use something like that in the summer, do the dog ones use the same frequency ?. I'll just fook off out and leave it running from a bedroom window via the portable karaoke machine. Last nights childish spate was proof enough to me now he's using his lad as a way to"try" and get up our noses but I'm not stupid or daft enough to rise to crap like that from a coward like him, very childish indeed. If he wants to do that then that's fine, it just shows he's not man enough to do the the banging himself because otherwise he'd be choking on the golf club and they'll have to use recal tweezers to recover it .

OK thanks, I will definitely use something like that in the summer, do the dog ones use the same frequency ?. I'll just fook off out and leave it running from a bedroom window via the portable karaoke machine. Last nights childish spate was proof enough to me now he's using his lad as a way to"try" and get up our noses but I'm not stupid or daft enough to rise to crap like that from a coward like him, very childish indeed. If he wants to do that then that's fine, it just shows he's not man enough to do the the banging himself because otherwise he'd be choking on the golf club and they'll have to use recal tweezers to recover it .

Dog ones can probably be higher frequency but for kids then you should be OK with 20~22kHz. Some older people might be able to hear it but they will likely be passing by. Try it with some good headphones or speakers and that program :).

To export it properly you'd need a sampling rate of 44kHz or better. Otherwise you will get aliasing problems, which is probably what has happened to the YT sounds.

Make sure your karaoke amplifier can play sounds at that frequency!

Make sure you have no other neighbours with babies

Back