Is Cardsharing Working Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The communal distribution setup will have been setup by the owner of the flats, sky just used the cabinet to install from.
I meant that Sky were the ones who installed the Sky Q compatible equipment, in that cupboard.

Here it says that: “Each subscriber output provides SkyQ, Legacy, TV and Radio.” Does this mean that I can replace my Sky Q box with an Enigma2 box, and it will work ok? Thanks.

Why do you want E2 stb?
I want to get rid of Sky Q, and would like a good alternative. I don’t know whether to get an Enigma2 box with a nice interface, or a more expensive and more basic Viark box. Of course, the Viark has HD, which is what’s tempting.

An E2 box will only get you the sd channels and be advised the server you require is hard to find. The only E2 box that also has the hd channels is the qviart dual. Thats E2 plus android. Ask about for advice on this box before jumping in.

I want to get rid of Sky Q, and would like a good alternative. I don’t know whether to get an Enigma2 box with a nice interface, or a more expensive and more basic Viark box. Of course, the Viark has HD, which is what’s tempting.
The E2 only opens UK SD, which eventually will be turned off as the channels go to HD only

An E2 box will only get you the sd channels and be advised the server you require is hard to find. The only E2 box that also has the hd channels is the qviart dual. Thats E2 plus android. Ask about for advice on this box before jumping in.
Is SD really that bad? When I got Sky in 2017, the quality of the SD channels on the Sky+ HD box looked so much worse than on my Openbox. Presumably, because Sky’s upscalers are crap. Even on Sky Q, SD almost seems too bad.

The E2 only opens UK SD, which eventually will be turned off as the channels go to HD only
Would using an E2 box for freesat and iptv be a better option? I tried iptv a few years ago, and wasn’t too impressed. I think though, I need to cut it some slack, if I want to pay less.

I like my E2 receiver as it provides 8 tuners of freesat and shares it around the house or even over the net
How do you do that? I was wondering if there was a way to get wireless multiroom, like with Sky Q, but with an E2 box. Thanks.

How do you do that? I was wondering if there was a way to get wireless multiroom, like with Sky Q, but with an E2 box. Thanks.
Kodi has a E2 pvr client, so any thing that you can use kodi on (virtually anything) can access the E2 receiver. It allows you to play live TV, recordings and has an EPG so you can calo setup recordings.

There other methods but Kodi is my favourite.

On a bit of a side note - when we say about the life span of this. There probably isnt much lifespan left of sly over a satellite anyway is there?

Also I'm interested to understand how come its only working from these specific boxes (still trying to find myself one) given the broad range of boxes that were supported before Im surprised its now limited of have I misunderstood?

Also I'm interested to understand how come its only working from these specific boxes (still trying to find myself one) given the broad range of boxes that were supported before Im surprised its now limited of have I misunderstood?
Basically you need a K1 key to share the card, not many have the skill or knowledge to obtain this pairing key.

So there is just the Forever server who have this key and for security it is only available on closed source boxes.

This hack is 12 months old and still going, the above is the reason why.

Thats really good to hear - most of us are into this for the hobby but you always get the greedy people who want to ruin it for everyone else. Hopefully this stays the case for a long time.

Thats really good to hear - most of us are into this for the hobby but you always get the greedy people who want to ruin it for everyone else. Hopefully this stays the case for a long time.
Totally agree, since iptv came along satellite has taken a back burner, other than the odd new box with modded software or @chookey post it's gone quiet, only time I use mine now is to see what live feeds I can still get or if my internet has gone down, I can still use the freeview channels...

Yeah I mean I have 2 kids so its all YouTube and kids TV on mine - I do occasionally take over the remote to watch Liverpool play and me and the misses watch some stuff but generally its all rubbish. It wasnt until I stumbled across this thread that I thought about having a look to see whats possible with the Sat scene again and also the quality is the quality as opposed to IPTV which isnt the source quality if that makes sense. I like to watch Nunez miss some real sitters in HD :D

Yeah I mean I have 2 kids so its all YouTube and kids TV on mine - I do occasionally take over the remote to watch Liverpool play and me and the misses watch some stuff but generally its all rubbish. It wasnt until I stumbled across this thread that I thought about having a look to see whats possible with the Sat scene again and also the quality is the quality as opposed to IPTV which isnt the source quality if that makes sense. I like to watch Nunez miss some real sitters in HD :D
Iptv cannot compare to sat HD.
The viark opens sky UK/DE/Italia DigitalB Supersports nova Sports DAZN Spain DE AFN Meo polsat etc etc etc and most other packages

Iptv cannot compare to sat HD.
The viark opens sky UK/DE/Italia DigitalB Supersports nova Sports DAZN Spain DE AFN Meo polsat etc etc etc and most other packages
Those that know, know mate ;)

IPTV made it easy, but the compressed pic quality is just about bearable. I hate football on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back